Eggs, Egg Whites and More Eggs

I was in college when a friend convinced me at a restaurant to try a burger like that. I thought it sounded gross. Shit was life changing. Most of the time now if I’m at a spot that has that option I’m ordering it. So fucking good

1 Like

Throw some oj in there and you have a spot on orange julius!

1 Like

Just made some eggs, not runny but perfectly goopy. Maybe if I put this seasoning on the cold egg squares they’d be tolerable

2 Likes

BEHOLD!

I just got 2 packages of these on clearance at Walgreen’s for $2/ea.

1 Like

I didn’t even know those existed

I make 2-3 scrambled eggs, with 1 slice of Oscar Meyer’s pre-cooked bacon broken into them for flavor, pretty much every morning. I would say that including the 45 seconds required to microwave the bacon the whole process is less than 5 minutes. I start the bacon and get my nonstick pan heating with a bit of Pam in it while I crack and scramble the eggs. When the bacon is done I throw the eggs into the hot pan, salt, and add the bacon. Takes less than a couple of minutes to cook them on high.

And then I eat a hot, satisfying breakfast.

Very polite “wtf?”

1 Like

Thanks Again for tips. I do eat hot eggs too lol just later in the day. The white bricks are my first meal at 345-4am so I basically want to walk to kitchen inhale egg whites and semi warm instant oats then sit w coffee till I train at 5 ish.

If the oats are warm… Why not just pour in liquid egg whites making for a better oatmeal?

1 Like

I guess I could allberg…but it goes back to the cooked whites are digested better.
The instant oats are basically open packs and run hot tap water in and drink…my main motivation during the first meal is getting to my coffee and surf T-Nation lol

1 Like

Yeah this thread def makes me change my mind about that egg white and OJ smoothie.

Each to their own.

If the following is an option though, you might want to try it:

Night before:
Get a saucepan
Add one to two servings of oats
Add enough water (usually double the amount of oats)

You can add liquid egg whites now if you put a lid on the saucepan or wait until the following morning

Add cinnamon, cocoa powder, gingerbread spice or whatever (optional). Stir. Chia seeds are a good option too but add more water if you go for that.

Leave in fridge overnight.

Wake-up. Put pan on stove. Go visit the loo or whatever. Ten minutes later or so it’ll be done (6-8 minutes from when it starts cooking).

But now it’s too hot to eat straight away! Solution: add a cup of frozen blueberries (or two).

I appreciate you can’t have it as quickly as your bricks but incase you want to be luxurious sometime, this could be an option.

But if the goal is to have readily available hits of protein, have you tried making your own protein bars? There are some non-bake options. Granted, macros will be more nuanced.

What you describe is very similar to my second meal that I eat after training!

I actually enjoy the white bricks though. I mean they are just like hard boiled eggs without the yolk and ya ain’t gotta peel them lol

“Dry humping is just like sex without the orgasm and you don’t have to take your clothes off”

THAT’S HOW YOU SOUND

3 Likes

Most mornings I have scrambled eggs for breakfast. I crack them into a glass bowl, throw in a splash of milk, scramble then put them in the microwave for two mins and they’re fine. Then I eat them out of the bowl so less washing up. All in all probably takes like 3 mins to do.

If I’m feeling extra fancy I’ll throw some mozzarella on once they’re out of the microwave.

At this point, if time is the problem, I am just wondering why we can’t just have a Metabolic Drive shake with oats. Just saying.

1 Like

Ain’t a problem CL…the whole point of this thread was just a big variety of egg eats. Not sure how it got sexual
I sometimes make them w sausage and real eggs with cheese on top for the wife

3 Likes

I can get behind the sausage/eggs/cheese ones, especially with a quick microwave.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re slightly redemptive. I think because they just look warm.

Honestly - and I fully believe MD tastes just as good and is as high quality as it is advertised to be, since I have never seen a negative review of it - but for a protein supplement, I could never justify spending that amount of money. I don’t even have a protein shake every day, I only get it when I leave the gym and have something else to do immediately, so I can just throw protein/PB/banana in with water and ice and get a quick dose without having to sit down. So when I look at the price of MD, I only think of the amount of steak/chicken/turkey, rice/pasta, or veggies I could buy with that same amount of money. I also think of the swift kick to the nuts that my wife would give me if she saw me paying literally more than 2x as much as we pay for the protein I get at my grocery store. I’m sure the ‘you get what you pay for’ saying applies here, but when what I’m paying for isn’t that important to me, I’m okay paying a bit less to get a bit less.