Egg Whites vs Egg Beaters

100 points? Wow, Artreides. That’s downright impressive. Keep up the good work.

The latest study claimed that half the people who die of a heart attack had high cholesterol, while the other half had low, or average cholesterol.

Do you think the drug companies want you to hear about this?

"The latest study claimed that half the people who die of a heart attack had high cholesterol, while the other half had low, or average cholesterol.

Do you think the drug companies want you to hear about this?"

Hah, if they can get us all on statins first, it won’t matter if we hear about that… we’ll just forget when the memory loss kicks in.

Nick

No the drug companies don’t want us to KNOW ANYTHING! They just want us to stay clueless and stupid so we can pay for their 10 million buck houses! :slight_smile:

Hey TT, when you talked about high cholesterol “problem”, were you talking about familial hypercholesterolemia? I read about it and it turns out, it’s not that serious as we were led believe. They stayed in touch with those people with that “problem”, they’ve lived a long life regardless of how high it is. It’s so high… Hard to believe.

Hey, there, Tungsten. I was going to make recommendations on how to lower cholesterol using some nutritional tools I’m aware of if Artreides still had a problem with high cholesterol. Sounds like he’s got it well under control, though.

TT-

The book The Chloesterol Myths by Uffe Ravnskov, MD talked about all the myths. I haven’t finshed it yet but impressive so far. I got it at amazon. Farmingham study was mentioned in the book. How low do you really want to go? From what i’ve read, it’s better to have higher level than the level recommended by “experts”. Apparently, it keeps you healthier and live longer!

Terry,

I know a few people who would be interested in hearing some nuritional modifications that they could make in order to lower their cholesterol. I would be interested in hearing those if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks!

I also understand that artificially lowering your cholesterol to far can cause depression! This makes sense as cholesterol is found to a great extent in the brain.

For those of you who have cholesterol over 250 or so, and want to lower it there are some very good natural remedies that have worked for those I know.

1. Fish Oil (3 to 6 grams)

2. Oat meal (1 1/2 cups per day)
    This can also be in the form of an Oat bread or whatever you would like to mix the oats with. Aas long as it equals 1 1/2 cups per day.

3. Walnuts and Almonds (one handful each per day)

4. 5-6 servings of vegetables per day. The best are: broccoli and cauliflower.

5. 4 servings of fruit per day: strawberries, bluberries and especially apples are best.

If you still need more help there is a great butter on the market called “Benecol.” Benecol has plant stanol esters, which lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise the good cholesterol (HDL).

One more thing about lowering cholesterol: I personally found that lifting weights did nothing to lower my cholesterol. However, as soon as I began doing 1/4 mile sprints once per week, and a simple two mile jog once per week, not only did my LDL go down, but the important HDL (the cholesterol that carrys it out of your blood stream and into your liver) went up!

Personally, I would never take a statin drug under any conditions. There are simply to many unknowns involved with them. Not to mention the bad things that we do know about them.