Egg Whites: Drinking vs. Cooking

Is there any difference in drinking them or cooking em up and eating them? or is it just gonna be the same?

If you like salmonella, you can drink them. Otherwise, cooking is best.

Scrambling eggs takes like 2 minutes. Add some spices, maybe hot sauce, some chives. Better than drinking them.

They’re gonna taste a whole hell of a lot better cooked.

I don’t even know how to make egg-whites!

Why? Because I am all that is man!..

No, I don’t think I’ve ever actually take then time to prepare and eat them before; please, no ‘Rocky’ displays of manhood, just cook them.

I wouldn’t drink egg whites that I have seperated from a whole egg. Thats a good way to ruin your weekend, I know. If its the pump container brand, not allowed to mention brands, I wouldn’t worry about it you can drink em. I’d gag drinking a cup and a half of that shit. My two pennies: Cook them, it probably takes just as long to blend them and mask their consistency.

Drinking egg whites serves no purpose whatsoever. The extreme heat of cooking denatures a certain protein in the egg, which allows your body to absorb it BETTER than eating it raw. Also, you increase your chance of contracting salmonella, as someone already pointed out.

Anyway, most of the protein and cholesterol is in the egg yolk. If i’m not mistaken, the cholesterol is what you’re body uses to produce testosterone, which is what leads to strength and growth. (And I know i’m not mistaken).

The actual likelihood of getting salmonella is crazy small if you actually do the math, and unless your already sick or have a weak immune system its not a big deal…

Personally, I throw 3 to 4 eggs in with my protein shake in the morning with my whole milk, and have done so for over 2 months. Havent been sick and honestly I enjoy how creamy it makes the shake…

BTW, go whole omega 3 eggs unless your trying to cut, egg yolks are your friend for building muscle…

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
The actual likelihood of getting salmonella is crazy small if you actually do the math, and unless your already sick or have a weak immune system its not a big deal…

Personally, I throw 3 to 4 eggs in with my protein shake in the morning with my whole milk, and have done so for over 2 months. Havent been sick and honestly I enjoy how creamy it makes the shake…

BTW, go whole omega 3 eggs unless your trying to cut, egg yolks are your friend for building muscle…[/quote]

I agree with this. I have always, since I was a kid actually, eaten eggs raw in drinks of various kinds. Salmonella is mostly in the shell anyway.

If you want to throw a few eggs/whites in a shake to thicken it up, go for it. But don’t limit yourself and do both. Cooked eggs are great.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
I don’t even know how to make egg-whites!

Why? Because I am all that is man!..

No, I don’t think I’ve ever actually take then time to prepare and eat them before; please, no ‘Rocky’ displays of manhood, just cook them.[/quote]

Real men do raw eggs (organic cage-free preferably). If you dont, check your pants to still see if you still have a penis or are growing massive boobies and crying uncontrolably for no reason whatsoever.

Nothing wrong with drinking egg whites.

There is no chance of catching salmonella from drinking egg whites that you buy at the store.

Search in the “New Thib Zone” and “egg whites” you will find your answer there.

You can buy whole eggs in liquid form, but pasteurised, examining them they have good bv still despite the heat and no chance of the pathogens like salmonella. Look for them by the milk in larger stores.

I don’t think there is much point consuming egg whites (over whole eggs), as you are losing some of the sulphur bearing amino acids and if the calories / fat / cholesterol are a prob, adjust other areas of the diet. Most of the people who had an issue with cholesterol in eggs were in between mouthfuls of pork chop as they make those comments.

Sometimes if I’m way to tired and lazy I’ll just down them. I don’t find they taste bad at all, they don’t taste good or anything, kind of tasteless I guess. The only thing I find is that when I drink them I get terrible gas. When they’re cooked it’s not that bad.

Raw egg whites are safe if they’re pasteurized. Too bad, I can’t digest them. It took me 3 months of eating them and shitting them to figure it out. Stomach aches, runs, and lots of gas.

" Nothing wrong with drinking egg whites "

Apart the hting that are usless.

just like someone else said , drinking egg whites without cooking them , will make you absorb roughly a 5%-10% percent of the actual egg protein only.

Denaturation
All proteins, including those in egg white, are made of long chains of amino acids which are similar to beads on a string. In a raw egg, these chains are raveled up in a specifically arranged compact mass. Chemical bonds and interactions between the amino acids within each protein hold this mass in a specific shape and stop it from unraveling. As an egg cooks, the heat causes the bonds within the proteins to break, a process called denaturation.[11] As these proteins chains unfold and entangle with other proteins, new bonds form between these amino acids and the amino acids of neighboring proteins, causing the texture to change.

Also

Nutrition

Biotin deficiency can be caused by excessive consumption of raw egg whites over a long period (months to years). Egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein that binds the vitamin biotin strongly.

In conclusion , consuming egg whites uncooked , is usless and hazardous overtime.

I drink raw eggs…no problem. good in shakes.

my breakfast consist of two cups egg whites mixed with a cup of calorie countdown chocolate milk, four tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, and splenda.

[quote]topoulo wrote:
" Nothing wrong with drinking egg whites "

Apart the hting that are usless.

just like someone else said , drinking egg whites without cooking them , will make you absorb roughly a 5%-10% percent of the actual egg protein only.

[/quote]

Raw egg whites digestibility is roughly between 50% and 65%, not that bad (the proportion of absorbed protein from beef for instance is roughly at 75%) Yolk is more digestible raw than cooked.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

http://ajpgi.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/277/5/G935

Egg white contains ovomucin which is an anti-protease inhibiting the action of the trypsin (digestive enzyme) in the small intestine. But ovomucin is itself inactivated by the pepsin in the stomach.
The issue is: the egg white because of its liquid state leaves the stomach too quickly before the pepsin has the time to fully inactivate the ovomucin. The solution is to slow down the stomach emptying time in order to promote more complete digestion by absorbing some extra fat. Actually whole eggs contain fat in the yolk! So don’t throw away the yolk!

BTW raw eggs do interfere with the absorbtion of some vitamins (Biotin and B12) but it’s not an issue if your diet is varied and you don’t consume raw eggs at every fucking meal.

Salmonella? I’m still young and strong so I don’t really care. Got it 2 times (ironically not because raw eggs!) and killed that bitch without the help of any medication. But sure it hurts like hell!

Regards,

Franck