T Nation

Egg White Powder Instead of Egg Whites

Hi guys,

I’ve been following Tom Venuto’s nutritional (and cardio+weights) guidelines for 2 months and lost about 300-400grams of fat per week. I’m 162cm, 93kg with a bf of 16.2% right now.

I’m switching over to Berardi’s diet from No Nonsense Nutrition which is more ketogenic.

Anyways, JB’s breakfast contains egg whites every morning. In South Africa I just can’t seem to find egg whites alone so I’d either have to seperate them myself or use egg white powder.

I’m more than willing to separate the req. eggs every morning if needed but wanted to check if egg white powder is a viable alternative.

Here is a description of the egg white powder product I could get:

t seems though that we don?t need to be inconvenienced any longer, Finally our egg white problems have been solved ! I think I chorus everyone who believes that ?the least amount of hassle, the better? ? and have come across the perfect solution.

"PURE WHITE egg white powder ? all the benefits of liquid egg whites,
BUT BETTER !

Not only is there no wastage, or the threat of the product going off, it?s as easy as 1,2,3.

PURE WHITE Is so concentrated it gives you 79.1 grams Protein per 100grams with no fat or carbohydrates. The best part is that there is no mess, no fuss, nor refrigeration to worry about, and is shelf stable for up to 18 months. It is therefore easy, convenient and transportable.

PURE WHITE is not flavoured and can be used in sweet or savoury preparations. Add it to supplement shakes, the morning oats or make regular scrambled eggs or even an omlett.

Avidin is a glycoprotein found in raw egg whites that depletes the body of Biotin (Vit H). Biotin is essential for the correct metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. In PURE WHITE, the Avidin is neutralized, ensuring correct synthesis of all nutrients ingested.

PURE WHITE is produced to the strictest of Food Safety standards. A batch number appears on all packaging, guaranteeing product safety and ensuring the product is free of harmful bacteria like Salmonella and E Coli."

I’d appreciate any help.

Cheers

Holy shit. How long have you been lifting?

There’s no reason to get this in-depth about shit. Egg whites are a waste of your time and money, so I’m guessing egg white POWDER is as well.

Instead of “No Nonsense,” why don’t you read “Massive Eating?” What are your goals?

haha forgot to mention my goal is loosing fat - aiming at single digit bf%.

I lifted for a period of about 2 years back in university (about 4 years ago) then did absolutely nothing as I worked on other goals.

Come 2009 I decided to get lean.