Egg Substitute

Hey guys, I am going on a fat burn diet for 5 weeks and in each meal there are 3 eggs! (along with other stuff) Are there any good substitues for an egg?? anything atall would be awesome. (I dont mind if it is a collection of different foods, aslong as it has roughly the same nutrirional vaue as an egg)
Thanks.

what dirt is this?

Why substitute an egg? You worried about the myth of cholesterol increases? Worried about fat intake (your diet is probably built factoring that good fat).

Anyway, here’s your best bet to gettting as close to an egg fresh out the shell

www.bodybuilding.com/store/rose/egg.html

or you can buy a 10lb direct from the farm at Rose Acre Farms.com

Sounds strange… how is the diet set up?

Yes, I was dicussing it with a friend and he said 12 eggs a day was bad for you becasue of cholesterol…
Is it unhealthy to eat this many eggs.
Thanks.

[quote]james20809 wrote:
Yes, I was dicussing it with a friend and he said 12 eggs a day was bad for you becasue of cholesterol…
Thanks.[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1376869

[quote]james20809 wrote:
Thanks.[/quote]

I would say yes that 12 eggs would be a bad idea. Not so much about cholesterol but more gastroinstinal stress as too many eggs can be a BAD thing in that dept.

But seriously…let’s dispense with the cholestrol myth right now, okay.

Cholesterol - 80% is produced by the body, 20% comes from diet

When your diet goes up in cholesterol, your body notices this and decreases its own production.

As long as your body is healthy you should have no problems with a short term (1-2 month) increase in dietary cholesterol (yes, even that high). Just limit all other sources of dietary cholesterol.

And if you want to read more about how cholestrol works in the body with diet read Protein Power Lifeplan by Dr. Eades’. This is one of my top 10 books I’d recommend about general health.

www.eatprotein.com

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1376869[/quote]

good link Tiribulus, some good points about the b.s. cholestrol myth

Did anyone not read the post I made about eggs lowering cholesterol?

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Did anyone not read the post I made about eggs lowering cholesterol?
[/quote]

I’ve read that the lecithin emulsifies ldl I think which is what I assumed you were referring to.

[quote]james20809 wrote:
Thanks.[/quote]

What background does this friend of yours have? I have lots of friends that like to offer advice about training and nutrition, who don’t have a clue what they are talking about.

These friends still try to eat low-fat diets, stay in a hypocaloric state year round while trying to add muscle, get strong, lose fat and in general “tone up”. They run several long slow miles just prior to lifting high reps (so as not to get too huge overnight) so they can combine all the benefits of exercise into one neat workout.

In short, everyone has an opinion, most are backed by dozens of myths so entrenched in the minds of the general public that they could not possibly be disputable.