Egg Protein

Question. Which is better? 100% egg whites (i.e., egg whites international) or egg protein (i.e., Optimum 100% egg protein) Thanks for the help.

what ever is your preference*. the 100% is to be used in food(when cooking). the other is powder just like your protein whey. just as a egg base is not going to be mixed with cooking liquids.

I couldnt tell you about those brands.

Sorry to hijack, but if you could help me
… I have kg of some egg protein at home that i have no idea what to do with. I understand that egg white protein is ment to be tastely but this stuff smells and tastes like egg.

I guess i could “bulk” my ommellete mix with it… but if anyone has an recipes for the stuff id love to hear it. Hopefully the OP would too? :wink:

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
I couldnt tell you about those brands.

Sorry to hijack, but if you could help me
… I have kg of some egg protein at home that i have no idea what to do with. I understand that egg white protein is ment to be tastely but this stuff smells and tastes like egg.

I guess i could “bulk” my ommellete mix with it… but if anyone has an recipes for the stuff id love to hear it. Hopefully the OP would too? ;)[/quote]

sure, take 1 1/2 cup of hood calorie countdown then add 1/2 cup of your egg protein stuff and then add two raw eggs with yoke, Add 3 tbl spoons of splenda. That is if you don’t mind raw eggs.

I guess you could try this too. use 51 grams of egg protein and mix with water until total equals two cups of liquid. Then add 4 tbl of splenda and I table spoon of chocolate.

Use could also try cream or milk, but milk has carbs. As you can see I don’t like carbs much.

[quote]edgn wrote:
Question. Which is better? 100% egg whites (i.e., egg whites international) or egg protein (i.e., Optimum 100% egg protein) Thanks for the help. [/quote]

It depends on whether you want to eat or drink.

If you want to drink, there are other egg protein powders that don’t have that much sodium in them.

Thanks C…steve!

will try asap

NP, egg is in all the good stuff. cake, cookies, for a reason. it tastes great. You can mix in some heavy cream and butter in there too. Hood calorie countdown is execelent too if you don’t use too much as it has 3 carbs per cup. The advantage with calorie countdown is it has protein in it where cream and butter do not.

Next thing I’m going to start work on is making chocolate bars with whey, egg, cream, and splenda, mmmmm no carbs!!! whey is weird stuff though.

One thing I would caution though is egg protein in no sugar, no fat instant pudding. For whatever reason the eggs don’t allow the mix to work correctly. Whey works awesome though. I haven’t tried egg powder and that might work.