Egg Allergy?

Reading through some Poliquin articles and come across this:

2-3 eggs a day to develop allergies? I eat about 6/day and I know heaps of people eat way more then that.

Anybody here ever develop any allergies from this? I know about eating too much of the same food can be a bad thing but I thought the amount was relatively high.

Yeah, I’ve read that from Charles, too. But I think of it this way…Berardi eats three whole eggs/day and countless other people here do too. I think its one of those things where you do what the situation warrants.

If we were all rich, then we could afford his $60/lb whey, have horse meat shipped to us to eat for breakfast, and alternate oatmeal with quinoa or something else all the time.

Yes on honeymoon, there was a buffett which I was demolishing everyday! About 9 eggs for breakfast everyday after 7 days I couldn’t stomach even the thought of them, as they were making me gassy, bloated and feeling nauseous.

I ended up cycling having eggs 1 breakfast then none the next. Had the same issue this year in sunny Florida!

Only after a week? Wow, I’ve been eating them almost every day for a year and haven’t had any problems.

I have no idea how long allergies take to develop though.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
Yeah, I’ve read that from Charles, too. But I think of it this way…Berardi eats three whole eggs/day and countless other people here do too. I think its one of those things where you do what the situation warrants.

If we were all rich, then we could afford his $60/lb whey, have horse meat shipped to us to eat for breakfast, and alternate oatmeal with quinoa or something else all the time. [/quote]

Agreed. Most people can’t go to the extremes that Poliquin recommends with EVERY ASPECT OF NUTRITION without becoming a recluse who only eats, sleeps, trains, cooks and carries around a huge cooler of organic broccoli, kangaroo meat, and a bottle of $80 fish oil. Each thing he recommends sounds like a great idea in a ideal world, but unrealistic if you try to do EVERYTHING he says to do all at once.

I think the ideas presented by him are what people could and should do in an optimal situation.

just my .02

Yea that’s a good point. I have been reading alot of his stuff lately and the nutritional side seems way to strict. Only ever eat 100% grassfed beef, don’t eat peanut butter or oatmeal. Its still better then eating processed shit.

I can’t stomach eggs very well. They give me stomach cramps and i end up eating less food when this happens.

too many people see the words “food allergy” and think it must be a full blown allergy complete with red face, extreme weakness, dizziness and serious indigestion

it is probably more like a food sensitivity which inflammes your GI tract causing your immune system to fight it and cause some cortisol issues without you noticing/feeling it

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
Only after a week? Wow, I’ve been eating them almost every day for a year and haven’t had any problems.

[/quote]

Yes really.

I ate six eggs a day(sometimes twice that) for about two weeks and ended up with diarrhea after each meal. I now only eat eggs maybe twice a week.

i am starting to think eggs are behind this weird adult acne i have been suffering in my 30’s. i had been eating about 4 whole eggs a day for the past two years -

and recently closer to 6 eggs a day - until i started getting ridiculous amounts of forehead acne this spring. have since gone on a strict elimination diet, cutting back on dairy, nuts, and a few other things.

not entirely sure yet (it would be nice if i could find a decent fucking doctor who would give me the igg delayed food sensitivity test), but it seems like whenever i reintroduce eggs i get disgusting looking cystic acne on my forehead a day or two later.