Effin Animals

I missed the gun control thread, Push, but I’ll venture a guess- What is “That no one would shoot back”?

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
This is typical Philadelphia and ty8ical for some of our smaller cities (like Camden NJ and Chester, PA) too. As I tried to explain in the gun control thread a while back, if you’re not from here, you don’t understand. Decent people have to live along side those that simply do not give a fuck. The video clip did not surprise me one bit. Not even the fact that they were brazen enough not to try to cover their faces.[/quote]

If this was attempted in Texas there would have been return fire by people with much better shooting skill.

Someone explain to me what sort of person IMMEDIATELY - almost by instinct - picks up the phone and calls for her brother to shoot up a bus because someone told her off. How does someone even begin to think that way???

Does not surprise me in the least. And whoever thinks stricter gun control laws would stop this kind of thing is absolutely bat-shit crazy (seems that’s what’s being insinuated).

BUT, I am a gun owner/advocate and I would not have returned fire because taking cover would have been the priority, and because there were innocent bystanders behind the perps. That’s just how the element of surprise works. If I had some advance warning and could get the drop on one of them, maybe drop that one and send the other running just so they were less likely to get any rounds off. I would not be opposed to shooting someone in the back in that situation, either. Just sayin’.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Does not surprise me in the least. And whoever thinks stricter gun control laws would stop this kind of thing is absolutely bat-shit crazy (seems that’s what’s being insinuated).

BUT, I am a gun owner/advocate and I would not have returned fire because taking cover would have been the priority, and because there were innocent bystanders behind the perps. That’s just how the element of surprise works. If I had some advance warning and could get the drop on one of them, maybe drop that one and send the other running just so they were less likely to get any rounds off. I would not be opposed to shooting someone in the back in that situation, either. Just sayin’.

[/quote]

Also as far as gun control goes there guns where most likely unregistered so it would have been useless, also if you had returned fire sadly you would have been charged with something as well

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[/quote]

also if you had returned fire sadly you would have been charged with something as well[/quote]

Not in Texas.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[/quote]

Also as far as gun control goes there guns where most likely unregistered so it would have been useless, also if you had returned fire sadly you would have been charged with something as well[/quote]
Unfortunately, you’re probably right. If I had a chance to save someone’s life, though (especially a child), I’d make that sacrifice. Of course, after the deed was done, hauling ass would be in order. Pretty good chance of never being found as long as nobody can ID you. Especially in the city.

[quote]Bungalow wrote:
Someone explain to me what sort of person IMMEDIATELY - almost by instinct - picks up the phone and calls for her brother to shoot up a bus because someone told her off. How does someone even begin to think that way???[/quote]

The same sort of person that did this:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:
Someone explain to me what sort of person IMMEDIATELY - almost by instinct - picks up the phone and calls for her brother to shoot up a bus because someone told her off. How does someone even begin to think that way???[/quote]

Unbelievable. This is the kind of stuff that reminds me that strangers will never have my back.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

“Minding your business” is almost like an epidemic disease or a fucking plague. It’s up to the good people in the world to NOT mind their business. [/quote]

I may not be from there but I can defintely see how being shot at by people who truly don’t give a flying fuck about human life could be a little de-motivating for people who might be thinking of NOT minding their own business.
[/quote]

Well, that was my point to Push in the gun control thread. When you have to live among people willing to do this, and I mean not just live among them in the City - I mean in your own neighborhood, it makes it difficult for decent people to be…decent. They are literally urban terrorists.[/quote]

And…what was THE ONE THING the gunmen could pretty much be absolutely assured of as they approached that bus? I mean plumb confident of? What…could…it…be?[/quote]

It’s not what you’re thinking…b/c someone on that bus could have been armed. Like we’ve talked about open and concealed are permitted in PA. My larger point in that other thread if you recall was that decent people have to actually live along side those that would act like this.

Your gun is not going to save your son, daughter, wife, sister, etc. from navigating the neighborhood where these little fucking terrorists live. That was my point. \

And FTR, if I were on the bus, and armed, I’d be more concerned about getting cover for my 5 year old and myself rather than returning fire. It wasn’t a protracted gun battle - bus driver wisely put it in gear.

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

It’s the mentality here…trust me.

[quote]Paste42 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

Unbelievable. This is the kind of stuff that reminds me that strangers will never have my back.[/quote]

Not true.

I said it before in the thread when this vid came out. I’d beat that fat motherfucker like he was a red-headed step child that resembled the mailman. I’d definitely give him nap time. And if the bitch hit me, I’d hit the bitch back. Period.

Not everyone is a fucking worthless sheep. Just move of us.

The problem in that situation was that everyone was just fucking scared.

I have enough respect to not just haul off and blast a woman out of anger or frustration. But if she had such a lack of respect as to hit me first? I’d send her a ‘wishing you a speedy recovery’ card… maybe…

Him? That fuckwit couldn’t even hit, and he was slow as hell. The punching bag wasn’t even hitting back, and it took him 14 seconds to land two decent shots. Does Hallmark make a ‘sorry for smashing your knee and stomping your grill’ card?

I’d beat that fat motherfucker like he was a red-headed step child that resembled the mailman. /quote]

LOL!

Sorry to laugh in a serious thread, BG. You can sure turn a phrase.

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

It’s the mentality here…trust me. [/quote]

I realise that and completely believe it. However, it’s also the hardest thing about this for me to understand. There is reason, and there is emotion. That sort of reaction is neither.

I was thinking about this, and the most shocking thing about this thread is how polar everyone’s reactions are. Some find it unbelievable, like a page out of fiction. Others find it to be nothing out of the ordinary. Living in downtown Toronto, I guess I really take for granted just how dangerous, danger can be.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Does Hallmark make a ‘sorry for smashing your knee and stomping your grill’ card?[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I love the look of a “tough guy’s” face when he’s been kicked anywhere in the leg by me…doesn’t have to be the knee. No matter what they were thinking before it started, it’s definitely “oh shit” and puts a motherfucker on pause. Usually no follow up is required, unless you just want to be cruel :slight_smile:

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Does Hallmark make a ‘sorry for smashing your knee and stomping your grill’ card?[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I love the look of a “tough guy’s” face when he’s been kicked anywhere in the leg by me…doesn’t have to be the knee. No matter what they were thinking before it started, it’s definitely “oh shit” and puts a motherfucker on pause. Usually no follow up is required, unless you just want to be cruel :)[/quote]
This guy would’ve been a great one:

“Oh, shit, my fat doesn’t pad me against that!”

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

It’s the mentality here…trust me. [/quote]

I realise that and completely believe it. However, it’s also the hardest thing about this for me to understand. There is reason, and there is emotion. That sort of reaction is neither.

I was thinking about this, and the most shocking thing about this thread is how polar everyone’s reactions are. Some find it unbelievable, like a page out of fiction. Others find it to be nothing out of the ordinary. Living in downtown Toronto, I guess I really take for granted just how dangerous, danger can be.[/quote]

That sort of reaction isn’t rage. It is the belief that nothing can happen to you and that you are owed something. I know a lot of women like that in Texas. I haven’t seen anything like this before though, but there are TONS of women who weigh TONS who seem to think they can basically do whatever they want free of repercussions.

That is the ONLY way someone does something like this in 2011 when cameras are literally everywhere and even thinks for one second that they won’t get caught.

That is just pure stupidity and hubris.

She pretty much proved she shouldn’t be raising kids…so I guess the hero here is the man who stood up to her because she damn sure won’t have any long now.

X, WTF is up with the avatar? You just TRYING to attract haters now? I mean, aren’t there enough 150lbers out there talking shit about how weak and un-funkshunul bodybuilders are?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Bungalow wrote:

This is fucking sick. I can’t believe people just stood by and did nothing to help that guy. What about the big guy at the front of the queue? He could have taken that other cunt down. Goddamn!