Effects of Botox on the Brain?

Im considering botox injections in my underarm to control excessive sweat and I stumbled upon some studies that prove that the toxin called Botulinum in botox “can travel along neurons from the injection site into the brain, at least in lab animals.”

“Neurons at the injection siteâ??the whisker musclesâ??absorbed some of the toxin and passed it along to other neurons they connected to, the researchers report this month in The Journal of Neuroscience. Within three days, the toxin had migrated from the whisker muscles to the brainstem, where it disrupted neuronal activity.”

“A significant portion of the toxin is active where it’s not intended to be.”

Does anyone knows something about this or has experience with botox?

If there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Be a man. Sweating is natural. Botox ain’t.

If not done properly can actually kill you, wear under armour and clinical strength deodorant. You will live longer.

That’s why all botox-users look kinda brainless…or all kind of brainless use botox…

You see, it’s a kind of a lose-lose situation. Unless of course you’re in a ‘everyone is a zombie and wants to eat your brain’-kind of situation. But then again, if botox indeed makes you braindead, how’s that different from being a zombie?

Wear your stained armpits with pride, my son. Some day men will fight over water, but that’s when you know that you made the right choice.

Dude all my undershirts and lifting shirts are pit stained to the max. I wear lifting shirts from like 6 years ago and it grosses my wife out but I don’t give a crap, it’s a good shirt and I worked hard to put those stains there. I say embrace what you have created and scare those commercial gym lifters with your pit stains.

Thanks for all the “be a fucking man and embrace your bad odor” type of answers, but thats not what Im looking for.

Ive tried everything and had no success. And even if the temp outside is -15c my underarm will still be sweaty.

If you know something about the botulinum toxin or have any experience with botox or body chemistry feel free to give your opinion. If you dont…

fuck, my little brother is gonna get that injection soon. I hope things go well

[quote]FKStd wrote:
Thanks for all the “be a fucking man and embrace your bad odor” type of answers, but thats not what Im looking for.

Ive tried everything and had no success. And even if the temp outside is -15c my underarm will still be sweaty.

If you know something about the botulinum toxin or have any experience with botox or body chemistry feel free to give your opinion. If you dont… [/quote]

I was not being funny, I am a nurse practitioner and have worked in the medical field for 20 years. If you get this done make sure it is a very qualified DR. no bullshit cosmotologist or some shit. Honestly this can cause paralysis and death. I have had this same problem and I looked into this myself. I just decided not worth the risk and money. So I wear underarmour all the time under my dress shirts and even t-shirts and clinical strength deodorant. Good luck.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]FKStd wrote:

If you know something about the botulinum toxin or have any experience with botox or body chemistry feel free to give your opinion. If you dont… [/quote]

I just decided not worth the risk and money. [/quote]

Can you tell me why you think it was not worth the risk. Even if being applied by a good dr?

“Within three days, the toxin had migrated from the whisker muscles to the brainstem, where it disrupted neuronal activity.”

And what bad can happen from the potential disruption in neuronal activity?

How can you still be considering this after what people have said and what you have read? Be smart and stay away from it.

Totally cool dude, it’s not like botulinum toxin is one of if not the most potent neurotoxin known…oh, wait.

[quote]FKStd wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]FKStd wrote:

Can you tell me why you think it was not worth the risk. Even if being applied by a good dr?

“Within three days, the toxin had migrated from the whisker muscles to the brainstem, where it disrupted neuronal activity.”

[/quote]

Cause I work in the medical field and I do not want to be the 1 in 1000 case. It is a cosmetic surgery, I wouldnt do a face lift or tummy tuck for much of the same reasons. I have seen the very bad shit in death, I just dont want to die like that. Again I found alternative means, now I didnt have the really bad B.O. with the pit waterfall. Just the waterfall. Also this is a relatively new type of cosmetic surgery there are no long term studies. What happens if 10 years from now they find some really bad shit developed from this? Again by that point you are fucked.

a co worker has had life long sweating issues, he has actually pit stained out full suit jackets before in a normal temperature office. he did the perscription deoderant and over time it lost its effectiveness. he just got this done, he said it hurt a ton but he hasnt had an issue since. he said he needs to go in yearly for more procedures with it though.

Is it wrong to believe that if the harm was imminent it would not have been approved? FWIK it is considered an extremely simple procedure that can be done in minutes, with no reported side effects/dangers by the drs.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,345068,00.html

Now you are trying to find an answer in assumptions or beliefs?

Dude, you are not going to find a clear answer to your question.

Stop trying to find an answer in what you hope to be true.

There ARE risks and the long term effects ARE unknown.

Psshhhhhh… Most of us already knew about the effects of botox on the brain.

You said you’ve tried everything. What kind of diet did you try?

If i’d botox anything it’d be my cock and nutsack.

[quote]FKStd wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]FKStd wrote:

[/quote]

The brainstem controls, among things, cardiac and respiratory function. Which means you could die.