Effectiveness of the Bench Press

i dont bench press a lot but i tell you, they are bloody amazing. you seriously should do them.
also pushups are great but not the best bodyweight exercise for your chest. Ever done dips?

Also ive started doing this and i find that it works. i warm up with three sets of pushups. then i start the workout. However after each set of whatever exercise i do, i drop down and do a set of pushups. that will spray your muscles with blood

If you are more shoulder and tricep dominant then that will be the case when you bench…If that that is you then try to add a bit more of isolated work on your pecs such as flyes to try to get your chest to catch up to your shoulders and tri’s.

Hey guys, thought I would pass on the info that I have been doing the Bench press with a much wider grip lately. It has been give me more of a pump then before. I just finished cycle 1 of ABBH 1 and my chest has grow a noticable amount. I find that the decline db presses I have been doing have also really helped that. I do the declne DB press as I am not strong enough to lift my own body weight on the dips.

So yah… wide grip touching the chest at about my nipples has been working pretty good.
Just to let all you guys know I got taht crazy idea about bench press not only from my own experience but from that Gironda guy who advocates doing neck press.

I think this guy is nuts because when I was doing the movement his way I found it just led to an overstretched front delt. Mind you I am sure my body works much differently then his.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Yes, it’s true. It’s all true!

Bench presses only work your front delts, full-body workouts are the only way to go, squats are the only leg exercise you need to get big, strong legs, supplements will be the key to your success, avoiding direct arm work will result in larger arms, steady state cardio is worthless, etc.[/quote]

This was actualy wht alot of posters were saying a while back.