T Nation

Effective Way to Take HOT-ROX Extreme

So I just started using this product. I noticed some interesting side effects in the very beginning. First day I took it, I used just one pill like it suggests, I started sweating like a motherf*ucker. 2nd time I used it, My heart rate skyrocketed (it seemed like as if I ran 2 miles in 15 minutes). I think it was at least 160-170. A week later, I’m not noticing nay negative side effects.

Anyone else notice any interesting side effects? Also, is it more effective to take it on an empty stomach? and if so, how soon could I start eating after I’ve taken it?

An effective way to take it would be orally. Sorry, had to be said. Are you taking any other stimulants though?

In terms of supplements, I’m only taking multivitamins and fish oil. I probably should add BCAA’s to that list seeing as how its effective for maintaining muscle.

I felt hot after taking it a few times. But it went away after a week. Now the only side effect is I feel more alert. I want to try taking 2 per dose soon and see what happens

[quote]Kaizen08 wrote:
So I just started using this product. I noticed some interesting side effects in the very beginning. First day I took it, I used just one pill like it suggests, I started sweating like a motherf*ucker. 2nd time I used it, My heart rate skyrocketed (it seemed like as if I ran 2 miles in 15 minutes). I think it was at least 160-170. A week later, I’m not noticing nay negative side effects.

Anyone else notice any interesting side effects? Also, is it more effective to take it on an empty stomach? and if so, how soon could I start eating after I’ve taken it?[/quote]

I take HOT-ROX too. it is fucking crazy. I don’t sweat, but my heart is beating at like 180 bpm, it seemed that it beated faster then when I was doing cardio. I took it on a empty stomach and On a full one and I noticed that on an empty stomach it starts acting right now. On a full stomach 2hours passed and without any advertisment my heart began speeding up. Lol I was in a class I was wondering what the fuck was happening.

I just love this supplement. fill a glass of water near your bed with 2 HOT-ROX and take em when you first wake up. You’ll get out of your bed fucking fast and have a real productive morning lol

Haha, thats what I started doing. I noticed something similar, that by taking it on an empty stomach, I feel it acting rather fast. I know that it recommends taking it on an empty stomach, but how soon afterwards should I be able to eat? Currently, I wake up, take 2, and then get ready for the day, and then last thing I do is eat. This gives it about a 20-30 min delay before I eat something.

What I was initially thinking was that by eating something either before or directly after, it stays in your body longer, thereby generating an increased effect.  What happens tho is that I don't 'feel' it working (more so the alertness and high heart rate) if I eat than if I took it without eating.    

[quote]Kaizen08 wrote:
Also, is it more effective to take it on an empty stomach? [/quote]

According to what I have read from both Shugart and Bill Roberts, it is equally as effective when taken with food, but in most cases it requires very little food to counter any negative effects (in my case, acid reflux most notably, and occasionally other GI symptoms).

That’s been my experience in regard to the GI effects.

My most positive experiences with HRX come from two caps on a fairly empty stomach, first thing in the morning, on the the way to the gym for some morning cardio. Great energy and focus and increased sweating.

By far, the worst experiences have been two caps, on an empty stomach, before a meeting at work or anything similar. Increased sweating and loads of anxiety. I don’t do that anymore. Actually, I won’t take any HRX unless I am about to do some hard physical activity anymore. Without the activity, it seems to cause nasty anxiety, regardless of my low sensitivity some other stimulants.

I think CT said in the Refined Physique Transformation that he was only taking one cap per day!

but has it actually worked for shedding fat?

[quote]yerba wrote:
My most positive experiences with HRX come from two caps on a fairly empty stomach, first thing in the morning, on the the way to the gym for some morning cardio. Great energy and focus and increased sweating.

By far, the worst experiences have been two caps, on an empty stomach, before a meeting at work or anything similar. Increased sweating and loads of anxiety. I don’t do that anymore. Actually, I won’t take any HRX unless I am about to do some hard physical activity anymore. Without the activity, it seems to cause nasty anxiety, regardless of my low sensitivity some other stimulants.

I think CT said in the Refined Physique Transformation that he was only taking one cap per day![/quote]

I’ve noticed too that HRX taken before a workout works great for me, but any other time I get the shakes and sweats. SPIKE doesn’t do that but HRX does. SPIKE simply makes me more alert but is not a fat burner.

HRX and the V diet is one helluva combo. HRX first thing and on empty is great for cardio.

[quote]dratner wrote:
but has it actually worked for shedding fat?[/quote]

Yes, if you reduce your cals slightly below maintenance, it will help burn fat and retain muscle. If you follow the V-Diet, you will lose a lot of fat and the stimulation from the HRX will help with the loss of carbs. You (or at least I did) will lose some muscle with the V-Diet but HRX helps to minimize the muscle loss.

Try HRX with the V-Diet. It is awesome!

I’ve started taking these as part of Berard’s Get Shredded plan. I consume 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon (on an empty stomach as recommended).
I’m on day 5 and to be honest the only thing I’ve felt is a slight burning sensation in the stomach similar to very mild heartburn, as well as slightly more alert (due to the caffeine ingredient no doubt).

I have quite a high caffeine tolerance due to my previous love of coffee, although I’ve cut my intake right back as part of this diet.
As per Berardi guidelines, I will continue to rotate HRX on a weekly basis. I have some Canadian product that contains Mau Huang, as well as Maximuscle Thermobol lying around for that purpose.
I think it’s too early to say if they’re working but I can say I’ve stuck to the diet plan, as well as training, virtually to the letter, so all variables are being controlled.