T Nation

Effective Surge

If my budget limits my Surge intake to only one serving on workout days, is it better to take half a serving during workout and half right after or is it better to take the whole serving directly after my workout? Remember:BUDGET!

Yeah, start sipping it healf way through your workout then down the remainder when you finish. Follow it up with a whole food meal 60-90 minutes later or whatever you usually do.

I’d bet that in the long term, you won’t notice a difference either way.

Choose whatever’s more convenient, or whichever makes you feel better (having something in your stomach while working out vs. maybe feeling more energy).

I personally don’t like drinking anything other than water during a workout, but I take some protein about 10 minutes before.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
I’d bet that in the long term, you won’t notice a difference either way.

Choose whatever’s more convenient, or whichever makes you feel better (having something in your stomach while working out vs. maybe feeling more energy).

I personally don’t like drinking anything other than water during a workout, but I take some protein about 10 minutes before.[/quote]

YES agree find what works for you. For me it would actrually be prior and during. The real food after.

More than one way to skin a cat.