Effective BCAA Dosages

But I’ve heard alot of talk about taking BCAA’s. I’ve heard it expressed in ‘grams’ that you take.

So I buy some from MM Sports Nutrition, but they BCAA’s are expressed as such:

Leucine 1.2 g
isoleucine 600 mg
valine 600 mg

you get this by taking 4 pills. Is this enough? And when do I take them to maximize effect? Also, should I take them on non training days?

Thanks

I take 30 to 40 grams of BCAA’s during my workout and I’m getting great results. They really help keep the muscle on while dieting. I suggest you buy free form instead of the the pills since its a lot cheaper. Oh ya 1200mg + 600 mg + 600mg = 2.4 grams.

i use 5g 2x day & couldnt afford to use more. I know pro BBers that 50kgs heavier than me & use the same amount.

What you said you take is like ten times the dosage on the bottle. Is that safe?

And where do you get them ‘free form’?

Thanks

[quote]kevinlee wrote:
What you said you take is like ten times the dosage on the bottle. Is that safe?

Thanks[/quote]

Kevin, I turned Hagar on to a great source, that's the only way to go. He's right too, with high doses during training you will get awesome results. Especially if you are cutting, but regardless, they blow away most otc supplements that "claim" muscle building results...
       Let me know if you haven't already heard from Hagar and I'll pm the source over.
          ToneBone

[quote]kevinlee wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

Yes absolutly. Been doing it for years no problems. Like I said I get the free form (powder). If you look on the net ala google, you can find it cheap like 340g for $24 or less. I like Optimum Nutrition or NOW. I’m really convinced BCAA’s are one of the best sups along with omega 3’s whey and creatine.
Edit- whats up Tonebone (great pedals) we just posted at the same time. Ya your BCAA source is the best so far. I’m buying there next. Peace out yo!!

I have been using Universal’s Uniliver. It contains the same amounts as most other BCAA’s, plus it contains other vitamins and minerals. I find them on VITACOST.Com for about $12 for 500 tablets. Check it out!!

It’s my opinion that the only way these companies are coming in at a “better” price than Biotest–if indeed they are–it’s by getting their chemicals from China.

While you’re at it, you should pick up some toothpaste and some dog food, too.

Price, after all, is all that matters, right?

you get what you pay for…

[quote]kevinlee wrote:
But I’ve heard alot of talk about taking BCAA’s. I’ve heard it expressed in ‘grams’ that you take.

So I buy some from MM Sports Nutrition, but they BCAA’s are expressed as such:

Leucine 1.2 g
isoleucine 600 mg
valine 600 mg

you get this by taking 4 pills. Is this enough? And when do I take them to maximize effect? Also, should I take them on non training days?

Thanks[/quote]

OK,

While reading the back of my protein shake, I found that it contains:

2531 mg of Leucine
1573 mg of isoleucine
1422 mg of valine

So, if you take 4 scoops a day, that leaves you with 22.1g of BCAA’s. Could someone please explain why it is necessary to supplement more?

[quote]TC wrote:
It’s my opinion that the only way these companies are coming in at a “better” price than Biotest–if indeed they are–it’s by getting their chemicals from China.

While you’re at it, you should pick up some toothpaste and some dog food, too.

Price, after all, is all that matters, right?

[/quote]

I agree with you TC , Americans are very cheap , I would kill for yours standard and prices of supplements

Thanks to all you guys for the input. It makes things alot clearer.

I didn’t even think to look in my protein shake for BCAA’s, but guess what, I get about 5 g per scoop.

I also take creatine, as well as a NO supp. that I can’t really say the name of here, but it rhymes with ‘raper’ and starts with a ‘V’. I swear , that stuff makes my skin feel like it’s about to burn off, but at the end of the day, it does jack shit for my pumps and does not help with fatigue. I’m glad I read the stuff here on the NO scams.

[quote]TC wrote:
[/quote]

So Biotest products do not contain ingredients from China? I hope that’s the case, though I would feel better hearing it from you.

Biotest arent the cheapest supp. co. out there but you cannot deny the quality & the amount of info. on T-Nation you get for FREE.

Is there anything wrong with BCAA’s from china? I’ve been using NOW and Optimum brands. I don’t know where they get their BCAAs but it works. By taking freeform there is less manufacturing costs so it cost less and I like to save money since my grocery bills are so high and I’m in school.

I can’t take the Biotest brand because of the added dextrose and maltodextrin (on the Anabolic Diet) but the price is alright at $28 for 302.4 grams. I’m sure the quality is great also.