EFA's - Neural Fatigue

Could essential fatty acids (EPA/DHA) help with neural fatigue experienced during periods of intense physical exertion?

I cant remember anything about that. But considering fish oil helps with everything else, I guess they could.

You might want to look into Power Drive, sold in the T-Nation store.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I cant remember anything about that. But considering fish oil helps with everything else, I guess they could.[/quote]

I use fish oil to clean bugs off my windshield and gum off the bottoms of my shoes. That shit is versatile.

[quote]acidhell wrote:
Could essential fatty acids (EPA/DHA) help with neural fatigue experienced during periods of intense physical exertion?[/quote]

From my own experience, yes it did but only at doses of more than a gram (of DHA) a day.

Just to complicate things, we’d really have to see what specific aspects contribute to neural fatigue (membrane excitability? neuronal plasticity? neurotransmitter depletion? etc.) before such an intervention were investigated scientifically.

At first glance it seems as though subjective input is all we have, but I’d like to be wrong.

BTW-Great question!