EFA Supplements Between Meals

Anybody have an opinion on taking some type of EFA between meals seperated by 4-6 hours? Or any type of research/article. Thanks.

EDIT: I should probably specify…
Meal A: Carbs + Protein
Meal B: EFA Supplement
Meal C: Carbs + Protein

[quote]mohamma1 wrote:
Anybody have an opinion on taking some type of EFA between meals seperated by 4-6 hours? Or any type of research/article. Thanks.

EDIT: I should probably specify…
Meal A: Carbs + Protein
Meal B: EFA Supplement
Meal C: Carbs + Protein[/quote]

While I wouldn’t consider taking an EFA to be the same as eating a meal (unless you’re having a bunch of salmon jerky), my girlfriend takes her Flameout between meals because it repeats on her less.

Interestingly, when I try that, I notice the fish burps more. I have to take Flameout during meals, and I have no problems.

Either way, you’re fine. The important thing is to just get the EFAs in you.

Shugart explained the benefits of fatty acids here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=952894

And he mentioned some ways to get them into your diet, aside from Flameout.
To boost your intake of fatty acids, eat more walnuts, spinach, flax seeds, and omega-3 enriched eggs. Seaweed is a good source too, but, um…yeah.

Thanks for the input. I’ll check out the link.

I’m interested to hear what others think about C+F meals if your dieting. I dieted really successfully a few months, but I just wanted to try something different. My thinking is if I have my fat when my insulin is low, it most likely won’t be stored.

I’m assuming the thought process is alright since my blood insulin should be low or back to normal if I have the EFA 2-3 hours after the C+P meal.

Is there any downside to this?