EDT

HI
I was reading EDT program and i dont understand this “In each time frame, the two exercises are performed in alternating fashion, back and forth”
dose this mean that you perfom 1.exercise rest and than 2.exercise rest and again 1. or
1.exercise+2.exercise rest and than again 1. ?

thanx

No rest whatsoever. You alternate back and forth between the exercises until the 15 minutes is up, THEN you rest. (and/or throw up)

I geuss you can do it either way as long as you try to preform more work in less time the next time you do the program. I would try to rest as little as possible until you have completed your 15 or 20 minutes then rest for about 5 min before moving on

It means that you will go back and forth, meaning, first one of the exercises and then rest, if you need it, and then do the second exercise and rest again… And at each session you try to beat the number of reps from last session…
Good luck.
/Tears

that’s the beauty of ths program!!! It doesn’t matter how you get it done, as long as you dio more work(reps or more weight moved) within the same timeframe as the last workout. Get it?

This is actually NOT true, and is one of the most prevalent myths about EDT. Rests between sets are variable and intuitively determined. If, duing any ET session, you are able to beat the last sessions numbers, it can be said that your rest intervals were optimal. Hope this helps to clarify…

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
No rest whatsoever. You alternate back and forth between the exercises until the 15 minutes is up, THEN you rest. (and/or throw up)[/quote]

ok i hope that uderstood wright. I will do 1.exercise rest 2.exercise and so on fo 15 minutes but next workout my rest period will be shorter and i will perform more reps. Is this the wright way ?

Guys, don’t make this more f-in’ complicated than in needs to be!

You have 15 mins

You have 2 exercises

You alternate between them, totaling as many reps as you can in the 15 mins

Next time in, you do more reps of each exercise in the 15 mins than you did the last time

That’s it, the whole point is that it is AUTO-REGULATING! There are no set, rep and rest parameters, you figure it out yourself…just make the number go up, it is beautifully simple, and people keep fumbling around with it…

At any rate, Coach Staley’s stuff is terrific, he’s one of the best in the biz, etc. etc. Give it a go and don’t get caught up in minutiae…don’t miss the forest for the trees

Best of luck

I just wanted to chime in here with my EDT experiences. What I typically do is my first exercise and follow it immediately with my second exercise. I then rest for 15-20 seconds and repeat the process until the 15 minutes are up.

Most of the time, my rest period is simply the amount of time it takes me to update my training log, take a sip of water and walk back to my first exercise.

I’ve had great results with EDT and I absolutely LOVE training this way. Have fun!!

AngryVader, I just started the EDT for Strength program and that is what I’m doing for rest.

Now, on the first exercise I made the assumption that the 15 minutes I had for the 5x2 (or 5X1 depending on the day) was to include any warm up sets needed to get to the max weight.

Anyone care to enlighten me if I’m doing that wrong?

Arioch,

If you mean that you include your warm-up in your 15 min PR Zones, then no, I don’t believe that is correct.

I always warm up first and don’t start the stopwatch until I start my first real set.

You shouldn’t need any warmup for subsquent PR Zones if you are still working the same body parts from your first PR Zone.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
AngryVader, I just started the EDT for Strength program and that is what I’m doing for rest.

Now, on the first exercise I made the assumption that the 15 minutes I had for the 5x2 (or 5X1 depending on the day) was to include any warm up sets needed to get to the max weight.

Anyone care to enlighten me if I’m doing that wrong?[/quote]

I only do the warm up for the first PR zone. OK, guess I was doing that wrong.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll be sure to make that adjustment today!