T Nation

EDT Workout - Suggestions Needed

Here is what I have so far: The reason that I’m not including that much lower body work is because I’ve just recovered from a leg injury and I want to ease back into it.

Monday

3x5 - Hack Squat

PR Zone 1:

1. Barbell Shrugs
  2. Chinups

PR Zone 2:

1. Dips
  2. Barbell Military Press

Wednesday

3x5 - Bench Press

PR Zone 1:

1. Pullups
  2. Swiss Ball Pushups or another more difficult variation

PR Zone 2:

1. Inverted Row (Using Smith Machine)
  2. Dumbbell Swings (2 dumbbells)

Friday

3x5 - Deadlift

PR Zone 1:

1. Push Press
  2. Calf Raise

PR Zone 2:

1. Step Ups or Lunges
  2. Tricep Extension (Smith Machine)

Looks pretty good, theres no reason why you cant do your lower body movements in a PR zone. Throw in deadlifts or squats once in a while.

I think your second PR Zone on Monday is a little odd. Generally you wouldn’t want to do two different pressing movements in the same PR Zone. That’s too much triceps. The first PR Zone looks a little off too.

This would make more sense to me:

PR Zone 1:

1)Chins
2)Military Press

PR Zone 2:

1)Shrugs
2)Dips

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I think your second PR Zone on Monday is a little odd. Generally you wouldn’t want to do two different pressing movements in the same PR Zone. That’s too much triceps. The first PR Zone looks a little off too.

PR Zone 1:

1)Chins
2)Military Press

PR Zone 2:

1)Shrugs
2)Dips[/quote]

Thanks AV. Now that I think about it, it does look a lot better that way.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

PR Zone 1:

1)Chins
2)Military Press

PR Zone 2:

1)Shrugs
2)Dips

Thanks AV. Now that I think about it, it does look a lot better that way.[/quote]

No problem. :slight_smile:

There is a good thread about EDT in the T-Cell Alpha. You might want to take a look at it.

I am assuming your chins/pullups/dips are not weighted by something more than a DB between the legs. If so, go with Vader’s suggestions. Otherwise you may want to reconsider your pairings a bit.

im not really familiar with Edt but just read about all the article from Staley about the subjet in the last 24hours(maybe now im familiar) and was wondering if the workout posted by Sayjin would be a good template for fatloss…i read the Edt for fatloss by the way…Wondering also if Edt is really good for fatloss…how would you rate edt vs circuit or complexes…I tought personnaly that with 20min pr zone and appropirate exercices might be very good…

Thanks for reading and respond!

There are several articles on EDT, in a couple they mention the best parameters they have found for fat loss.

This is an intense way to exercise that can be difficult on the joints. Just keep that in mind.

And again, I will suggest the thread in the t-cell Alpha.