EDT Specifics

I am currently doing EDT and finding it brilliant. However the weight I started at allowed me to do forty five reps in fifteen minutes. To gain twenty percent on this before I up the weight I must do about fifty four reps in fifteen minutes. Is this too many reps? Should I have initially started with a heavier weight which would have limited me to maybe twenty four reps or something? And then up the weight when I can achieve thirty reps or there abouts?

[quote]steven alex wrote:
I am currently doing EDT and finding it brilliant. However the weight I started at allowed me to do forty five reps in fifteen minutes. To gain twenty percent on this before I up the weight I must do about fifty four reps in fifteen minutes. Is this too many reps? Should I have initially started with a heavier weight which would have limited me to maybe twenty four reps or something? And then up the weight when I can achieve thirty reps or there abouts?[/quote]

I always looked at 60 reps as a limit, regardless of what my goals are.

Forget the 20%/4% nonsense. Just use target reps. I go for between 24 and 50 in 10 minutes. The shorter PR zone is great if you can’t afford to be sore for other sporting endeavours (ex; gymnastics and MMA).

– ElbowStrike

Exactly set a parametr prior based on your goals. I often use 70 for a 15 min PR zone. if working more pure strenght may drop that to 50.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Exactly set a parametr prior based on your goals. I often use 70 for a 15 min PR zone. if working more pure strenght may drop that to 50.

Phill[/quote]

^^^^^ exactly asses what your goals are first.