T Nation

EDT Questions From A Noob

I’m gonna give EDT a try after reading some of Charles’ articles here on T-Nation but I have a few general questions.

1. Can One exercise be used for each segment? Would the time frame still be 15 minutes?

2. How should I structure my routine if I use a lot of uni-lateral exercises? If I’m using one armed dumbell curls and one armed pressdowns should I still use the basic EDT protocol? It would seem that if I do it this way, instead of a two handed exercise like barbell curls, I might end up doing more reps for one arm over the other.

[quote]Sonny wrote:
I’m gonna give EDT a try after reading some of Charles’ articles here on T-Nation but I have a few general questions.

1. Can One exercise be used for each segment? Would the time frame still be 15 minutes?

2. How should I structure my routine if I use a lot of uni-lateral exercises? If I’m using one armed dumbell curls and one armed pressdowns should I still use the basic EDT protocol? It would seem that if I do it this way, instead of a two handed exercise like barbell curls, I might end up doing more reps for one arm over the other. [/quote]

Sonny:

Good questions. When I tried it I used the same exercise and thought that worked rather well. I don’t see why you couldn’t use two different movements.

I would like to hear from others who have some experience with EDT.