T Nation

EDT Question

Hello,

Can somebody please explain me EDT in details. I read the articles, the posts and I also purchase Muscle Logic. However I seem to be more confused than antyhing else.

Thanks
Chivas989

what do you understand about it and what about it confuses you? More detailed questions are going to get you more relevent answers

Hey,

I am just confused about the total program. Say posts yes 15 mins workouts, some say 1.5hr workouts. And in the book, you have 45 mins per week! How you supposed to gain muscle mass or lose fat with 45 mins per week? Its all confusing to me…

EDT sessions (workouts) concists of between 1 and 3 15-minute “PR Zones,” Not including warm-ups. We encourage novices and anyone who’s new to EDT to start with one PR Zone per session until they become accustomed to the system.

[quote]Chivas989 wrote:
Hey,

I am just confused about the total program. Say posts yes 15 mins workouts, some say 1.5hr workouts. And in the book, you have 45 mins per week! How you supposed to gain muscle mass or lose fat with 45 mins per week? Its all confusing to me…[/quote]

Thanks Charles, I am also reading your Smart Cardio For Strength, Mass & Fat Loss! article. Give up the good work.

I have to say here that EDT is by far my favorite training method that I have used.

I just finished with a six week cycle (full body 3X per week) and and doing the unloading phase right now.

I gained strength… I can now do 3 pull-ups and 4 chins (I couldn’t do any before).

Also, I have received many compliments on how great and muscular my arms are looking and people noted that I appeared to lose weight. (I didn’t lose a pound).

Finally, my daily energy levels went through the roof. (This could be a result of a very clean diet as well.)

Also, EDT is fun and the time flys by.

I can’t say enough good things about EDT.

Thanks so much for those nice words…might I use them for our marketing? We’d even be happy to send you a free e-book

CS

[quote]christine wrote:
I have to say here that EDT is by far my favorite training method that I have used.

I just finished with a six week cycle (full body 3X per week) and and doing the unloading phase right now.

I gained strength… I can now do 3 pull-ups and 4 chins (I couldn’t do any before).

Also, I have received many compliments on how great and muscular my arms are looking and people noted that I appeared to lose weight. (I didn’t lose a pound).

Finally, my daily energy levels went through the roof. (This could be a result of a very clean diet as well.)

Also, EDT is fun and the time flys by.

I can’t say enough good things about EDT.

[/quote]

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Thanks so much for those nice words…might I use them for our marketing? We’d even be happy to send you a free e-book

CS

[/quote]

Of course you can. I’d PM you my email address, but I am unsure where that option disappeared to.

OK… I found the Option.

I am also a fan of EDT. Use it about twice a month for several years now. Great for arms, but I also try to put other complimentary muscle groups together with appropriate lift.

What I do struggle with is finding the right loading and rep ranges. I shoot for a start target of 8 reps at 10RM. But I often underload for fear of running out of reps in the last half of the 15 minute set. I rarely overload.
Sometimes I am still doing 6-8 reps at the end-- and I know that was wrong. But when I go heavier and get out at 6-8 minutes and I am only doing 2-3 reps “comfortably before failure”, I think that I am not getting enough total volume. Not sure where the balance point is.