T Nation

EDT Program Input

I started the EDT program 2 weeks ago. I am enjoying the asskicking that I am receiving, but I feel that I could lift more frequent then I am. For once, I am trying not to over do it.
Here’s what I’ve been doing:

Monday
PR Zone 1
Floor Press
Cable Curls
(52 reps week 1/ 59 reps week 2)

PR Zone 2
InclineDB
Hammer Curls
(week 1 72 Reps/ Week 2 adjusted weight by 10 lbs. and got 65)

Wednesday
PR Zone 1
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Tri extensions on floor
(week1 58 reps/ week2 65 reps)

PR Zone 2
Machine Rows
Pushdowns
(Week 1 55 reps/ week2 58 reps)

Friday
Leg Work (playing it safe due to Low Back Problem)
Bulgarian Squats
1 leg RDL
45% Hyper
(Not EDT Workout,… yet)

Although I am increasing my reps, I feel I am waiting too long between working areas of the body. Should I try different days on/ off? After 1 month of the EDT, how long until it’s ok to return to the workout (I will go back to conjugate type of workout following EDT)?
If I am missing anything else, please throw your 2 cents in!

Hey Dark Helmet -
I am sending this link over to Charles to take a look at-Jules

Thanks!

Look, I think it’s a GOOD thing to feel like you should be training more often. I’d leave it as is for a while…

[quote]DarkHelmet wrote:
I started the EDT program 2 weeks ago. I am enjoying the asskicking that I am receiving, but I feel that I could lift more frequent then I am. For once, I am trying not to over do it.

Monday
PR Zone 1
Floor Press
Cable Curls

PR Zone 2
InclineDB
Hammer Curls

Wednesday
PR Zone 1
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Tri extensions on floor

PR Zone 2
Machine Rows
Pushdowns

Friday
Bulgarian Squats
1 leg RDL
45% Hyper
(Not EDT Workout,… yet)

Although I am increasing my reps, I feel I am waiting too long between working areas of the body. Should I try different days on/ off? After 1 month of the EDT, how long until it’s ok to return to the workout (I will go back to conjugate type of workout following EDT)?
[/quote]

Thanks CS!

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Look, I think it’s a GOOD thing to feel like you should be training more often. I’d leave it as is for a while…

DarkHelmet wrote:

Monday
PR Zone 1
Floor Press
Cable Curls

PR Zone 2
InclineDB
Hammer Curls

Wednesday
PR Zone 1
Reverse Grip Pulldowns
Tri extensions on floor

PR Zone 2
Machine Rows
Pushdowns

Friday
Bulgarian Squats
1 leg RDL
45% Hyper
(Not EDT Workout,… yet)

[/quote]

Because I see some new questions being asked about EDT, I figured I’d post “what’s up” with my EDT workouts.

I am usually getting in 2 PR’s a workout, 2 of the three training days. I can tell when I am not eating enough.

My strength has gone up in the floor press 50 lbs. in 12 weeks and my other lifts have, too. I have lost a lot of fat and gained muscle. I have dropped 10 lbs. while on the program. I am going to change things up a little (4 weeks). And try something a little different.

Since I use to follow Westside templates, this is what I am going to attempt.
Sun. Speed BP

PR 1. Darts
Cable Curl

Seated Shrugs 3 x 15

Tuesday Pr.1 Bulg. Squats R/L

Pr.2  RDL
           AB Roll Out

Thurs. Pr1. Floor Press
Row Machine

Lateral Raises 3-4 x 6

Charles say " Be creative", so here we go…
FYI- I love what EDT has done for me thus far!

After my first week of adding speed bench, my floor press went up 10 reps. It went from 53 reps to 63. I did not eat that great leading up to my second week and felt very tired during my speed bench, arm PR day. I accually lost reps, first time in twelve weeks. It has been a very demanding week and diet has suffered, so I am not worried.

Job is real busy, but I was able to get in 1 PR 2 days. That’s good, cause I would have skipped my workouts before i Started EDT. I had 25 min. and got them in. So I deviated from my program,oh well, I’ll pick it back up this weekend. I did gain a little weight back, but it might be good weight. I’m feeling like my rep range is giving a workout similar to GVT, only at my pace. Hmmmm,…

My numbers were down a little bit, but there are reason for that. I still got in a great workout. I switched up my exercises, rows to reverse grip pulldowns.

My bicep tendon was bothering me and rev. grip cause a lot less pain. I am finishing up the school year, so right now I am treading water with time to lift and meals on the run, but getting through it.