EDT Is a 'Blast'

Well I just finished my first training day of EDT yesterday and… well…

dammit. I almost puked, crossfit style. People looked at me funny but man, It really made me put the work in.

Funny thing is the reason I decided to pick EDT as my training was because of a question from another poster. He was asking about weighting the situps or not, something like that. Then it dawned on me:

I have been looking for a good work capacity increasing training style. It’s for my BJJ/MMA training and CW’s stuff involves too many stations to be practical at my “everybody fuk around forever” gym. Then I went and looked up EDT again and thought “why didn’t I think of this before?” (obv because I’m an a$$hole of some kind)

I did the 2 20 min work periods using:

a1: 1 arm snatch
a2: cable row

and then I sat for 10 minutes in a pool of my own sweat wondering if “breather” squats are worst or not. sniffed some salts and did:

b1: dips (these always seem to make me feel like yaking when done high vol)
b2: dumbell overhead squats (trying to build shoulder stability for gymnastics)

Moral of the story: What you want is always in the last place you look. Why would you keep on looking anyways.

And thanks to charles for this hot program and for sharing it with us. I recommend it to any endurance/strength type athlete.

-chris

Everything charles has given me so far has been 15 min. pr zones. Might want to try that. Trust me, at 15 minutes they are not any easier so don’t worry.

[quote]zarro wrote:
Everything charles has given me so far has been 15 min. pr zones. Might want to try that. Trust me, at 15 minutes they are not any easier so don’t worry. [/quote]

Yeah, I was looking at those on EDT part 2 which i will likely get into after one month of this 2x20min. I like the longer periods because I am training for my purple belt test in BJJ. The test goes something like this:

I pick three other blue belts. They rotate in and out, staying fresh, while beating the shit out of me. This goes on until I am obviously pooched. All the while they get dominant positions and I am supposed to use good techniques to fight back. Theoretically displaying my ability to perform good technique under fire.

So the longer work periods are ok by me for now. Later on im going to switch it to 3 15’s and then finally 4 15’s.

We shall see how it all pans out. thx for the hot tip BTW.

-chris