EDT for Sports?

I’m a HS athlete (plays basketball & rugby), and would like to give Staley’s EDT a shot to develop qualities that I need (i.e. strength & power).

Have any of you athletes out there used his EDT program for similar goals before? If so, how effective was it, and could you please outline how you implemented EDT-style training into athletic training?

Cheers.

[quote]Ben T wrote:
I’m a HS athlete (plays basketball & rugby), and would like to give Staley’s EDT a shot to develop qualities that I need (i.e. strength & power).

Have any of you athletes out there used his EDT program for similar goals before? If so, how effective was it, and could you please outline how you implemented EDT-style training into athletic training?

Cheers. [/quote]

I really don’t think EDT would be your best choice.

I’ve been using EDT for strongman training with great results. All I’ve done is take the Compound EDT program from the archives and tweak the loads and movements to address my shortcommings. After each EDT session I include some sort of event training. It’s been working great for me. I can see a similair program working well as long as you allow for adequate recovery time and the weightlifting doesn’t impede team practice.