EDT for fat loss

well hell, now im all confused… work with me, im a little slow sometimes…

Say my core exercise is squats, and my circuit is ‘A’

is this what a single workout would look like?

PR Zone 1:
15 minutes of squats (singles)

Hams and Lats:
15 minutes of chosen exercises in EDT fashion

5 min rest

PR Zone 2:

Tris and Gastrocs:
15 minutes of chosen exercise in EDT fashion

5 min rest

PR Zone 3:

Abs and Grip:

Thanks again for all your thoughts and help.

PR Zone 1:

PR Zone 2:
Hams and Lats:

PR zone 3:
Tris and Gastrocs:
15 minutes of chosen exercise in EDT fashion

PR zone 4:
Abs and Grip:

If you had apropiate loading(3RM) you wouldnt be able to handle several 15 min zones of squats…

Anyhow doing 3 pr zones after the singles seems to much for me…two would be better…also squats hit basically every muscle in the lower body pretty hard…dont find much sense in doing more lower body work that day…except maybe some calf jumps or add/abductor work…

Yup, what sagomed said. You only do the squat (core) singles once at the start of the workout. After that you work through the three EDT supersets. The next workout you’d do your second core exercise once at the start of the workout, followed by the supersets in circuit B (EDT). - - flee

fabulous! i was thinking that my version was serious overkill.

I think the important point of the article was to do the singles to maintain strength while on a calorie-restricted diet. IMO, whether or not you do the higher-volume sets is an individual choice. There has been some debate among the various T-mag writers as to whether using a high-rep, minimal-rest weightlifting plan that raises the heart rate and lactic acid levels (e.g., Meltdown or EDT) is a good strategy for fat loss. Those opposed to using weightlifting for fat loss plan say that the high volume causes too much muscle breakdown which, without sufficient calories to allow for repair, will cause a loss of LBM.

My own uneducated guess says that if you have a lot of fat to lose and don’t drastically cut your calories, it might work.

Bottom line here is to keep doing the singles to maintain strength.

In only 2 weeks on the original EDT program from T-mag, I have seen excellent results.

Granted, it takes time, but I think all of us can “feel” when something is working. I’m already at 9% BF, but I feel like my strength and LBM is improving already.

If you have not gotten the “Ultimate Guide to Massive Arms-EDT” and want it email me at julianne@edtsecrets.com. The hard copy comes with a pretty good ABS bonus. For you great t-nation folks I’ll take $5.00 off the download version and $10.00 off the hard copy-Julianne

OK, Is a 90 minute workout counter-productive in terms of hormonal consequences? Nope, not necessarily, especially if you’re looking to create an energy deficit.

On the other hand, would it be better to split that session up into (2) 45-minute sessions? Yup, you bet…if you can, do it. However, I assume most people have jobs and other responsibilities which preclude that option.

Remember also, that a lot of muscular lean bodies were built on 2-3 hour plus workouts, before we all figured out the magic hour concept!

Finally, don’t lose sight of the fact that hormones are COMPLICATED. it’s not as simple as saying “After 60 minutes you turn catabolic.” And hormones aren’t good or bad, they can be either…for example, cortisol is important in it’s role in mediating inflammation.

OK, hope that helps everyone!