EDT Clarification Please!

With all due respect to Charles Staley - I love his advice - I felt his EDT article was a bit confusing (or, maybe I got cross-eyed after the 4th reading).

He introduces the program, saying there are 3 core exercises done per workout each with a 15 minute “PR-zone”, alternated with 2 circuits. However, from looking at his very well detailed example, there is only 1 core movement per workout (3 per week), and the PR-zone is for the circuits, not for the core lifts??!!

I tried to find other posts to help me first, but could not find anyting definite. I’d like to start this soon, so please help ASAP!

Thanks a lot!

TopSirloin

hey Top, which article are you referring to? maybe I can help you out…

[quote]TopSirloin wrote:
With all due respect to Charles Staley - I love his advice - I felt his EDT article was a bit confusing (or, maybe I got cross-eyed after the 4th reading).

He introduces the program, saying there are 3 core exercises done per workout each with a 15 minute “PR-zone”, alternated with 2 circuits. However, from looking at his very well detailed example, there is only 1 core movement per workout (3 per week), and the PR-zone is for the circuits, not for the core lifts??!!

I tried to find other posts to help me first, but could not find anyting definite. I’d like to start this soon, so please help ASAP!

Thanks a lot!

TopSirloin[/quote]

There are many variations of EDT. I think the one you are referring to is the following:

1st “zone”-15 mins.
-complete 5 sets of an exercise such as squat, bench, etc. within the 15 min. time period.

2nd “zone” - 15 mins.
-pick two antagonistic (core, isolation, whatever)exercises and alternate between them going for as many reps as possible

3rd “zone” - 15 mins.
-same as 2nd zone but with two different exercises

Thanks for getting back to me fellas.

Berardi-

I think I pulled an older article by Charles, “Lose The Fat, Keep The Strength: Escalating Density Training For Body Comp Breakthroughs”. Should I just follow his example to the letter, and disregard his somewhat contradictory intro?

apayne-

That’s an interesting format, but I’m insterested in the just the clarification of the above article. I don’t know if the one you are referring to is the same or has been manipulated or what have you. I’m just trying to keep it simple and clear and follow a program with a very detailed example.

Thanks again,

TopSirloin