EDT and HIIT

Hi
I’ve been thinking of running an edt programme 2 days upper body and one day lower body for 6 weeks. I have used bls and different programs before, but tried edt and really liked it as I don’t have a lot of time to train.
Could I do hiit in the days in between say kettlebell swings and sprints? I’m 6 2 and 220 pounds bf 20% want to lean out but remain muscle
Thanks

Hard to say without seeing your proposed routine.

Since you like EDT, it is possible to do a cardio-based PR zone which will slot neatly into an EDT split. You have the pairings worked out already: the kettlebell swings adhere to your typical EDT formula of using your 10 rep-max as a baseline, and the sprints by total distance covered.

Great thanks was thinking of throwing in a Kettlebell EDT routine in on a Tues and Thurs
I was thinking of Upperbody: Bench/Row Chin/Dip Bi/Tri and then as Lower Body: Squat/Shoulder Press, Lunge/Lat raises Cable Crunch/Bicyle Burnouts
Week 1 Upper Lower Upper Mon Wed Sat
Week 2 Lower Upper Lower

What’s a “bicycle burnout”?

Got it from that mike Matthew book, bigger leaner stronger basically on your back as if you are cycling?
It’s tough enough, but def enjoying this edt program getting a lot done in less time, using 80%max is tough, don’t really want of get much bigger, just more in terms of reducing body fat and retaining strength!!

[quote]Sody78 wrote:
Got it from that mike Matthew book, bigger leaner stronger basically on your back as if you are cycling?
It’s tough enough, but def enjoying this edt program getting a lot done in less time, using 80%max is tough, don’t really want of get much bigger, just more in terms of reducing body fat and retaining strength!! [/quote]

OK. I wouldn’t do two consecutive ab exercises in one PR zone. Do the KB swings/ Sprints instead.