Edgy: Alone With My Friends

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

this warthog and the “Come At Me Bro Kudu” were both trophies [/quote]

the tusks on that warthog are awesome & mean - like

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:
Meh to first day of dls after a break from them.

It was a 5 day but I usually have problems repping out on dls so I just did 3 sets of the final set but never actually hit 5 reps lol. Also I never really felt like my form was there until the final set. Next week will be better.

125 X 5
145 X 5
165 X 4, 3, 3

I did pistol box squats. 5 sets of 5 reps with only a little cheating on the weaker left side. Right side had no knee pain!!! And is very obviously the stronger leg, the 5 reps were easy for it. Balance is better on the right side too. It’s really about trying to get the strength levels equal so when the left is able to do all the reps the right can then I’ll move down to a lower box.

I went to the park for some sprints.

[/quote]

not only are those good numbers, but the pistol-squats are mean. atta girl for owning them!

[quote]Edgy wrote:

Meh to first day of dls after a break from them.

It was a 5 day but I usually have problems repping out on dls so I just did 3 sets of the final set but never actually hit 5 reps lol. Also I never really felt like my form was there until the final set. Next week will be better.

125 X 5
145 X 5
165 X 4, 3, 3

I did pistol box squats. 5 sets of 5 reps with only a little cheating on the weaker left side. Right side had no knee pain!!! And is very obviously the stronger leg, the 5 reps were easy for it. Balance is better on the right side too. It’s really about trying to get the strength levels equal so when the left is able to do all the reps the right can then I’ll move down to a lower box.

I went to the park for some sprints.

[/quote]

not only are those good numbers, but the pistol-squats are mean. atta girl for owning them!
[/quote]

Thanks Edgy and Print. :slight_smile:

Threesome log FTW!

What is you knee pain during squat?

What is you knee pain during squat? [/quote]

it’s on the top of my kneecap - I nevernevernever had to activly warm up for any training, but went in for some squats towards the end of last year, and had some pain on the top of my kneecap.

it’s been there ever since, rumor is that it is the Patella Tendon that’s giving me trouble.

now I warm up the knees and use the magical elixer that Print turned me on to, McTarnahans Blue, and don’t seem to have much of a problem.

that McTarnahans has also cleared up some right elbow issues that I’ve been calling tendonitis. srsly, cleared it up. no pain, not when training, and not right now.

the shit’s black magic~

When you squat, are you breaking at the hips first and shooting your ass back (as if there was an erect Print behind you), or breaking at the knees first? I’ve found breaking at the knees first fucks with the knees.

Just something to think about next time you squat.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
When you squat, are you breaking at the hips first and shooting your ass back (as if there was an erect Print behind you), or breaking at the knees first? I’ve found breaking at the knees first fucks with the knees.

Just something to think about next time you squat. [/quote]

with the Converse’s, my heels are better at staying put, so what I’ve been concentrating on is sticking my ass out first, and staying on my heels for both coming down, and pushing up.

is this what you mean?

^If it becomes to much of an issue, you can always do what I’m trying. & that is the trap bar on my sq day. I’m gonna give it a cycle or 2 & see how it runs. Maybe you won’t get the pressure bearing down on your knees so much.

& LULZ to you Inky. You jealous bastard!

Awe man, it’s like one stop shopping when i come into this log cause it’s like catching up with 3 people in ONE PLACE.

YAY print, we are now officially floor press buddies! I am excited to see how it will affect my bench if I make it a regular thing.

CHARLIE: Nice pistol squattin’, that is some tough stuff. Sprinting in the park? I am assuming it’s warmer in your province than in mine… :confused:

Yahhh edgy, back atter! I think I would like watching yerr squat vids no matter how thrilling you think they are! Remember, my gym is filled with guys who run and use the bosu ball, I need to see what real dudes do so I don’t become tainted with all the false notions that the world around me DOES NOT LIFT.

[quote]print wrote:

& LULZ to you Inky. You jealous bastard![/quote]
Hey, I don’t need anything else to think about when I squat. Edgy might just need that extra mental cue!

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

Just something to think about next time you squat. [/quote]

with the Converse’s, my heels are better at staying put, so what I’ve been concentrating on is sticking my ass out first, and staying on my heels for both coming down, and pushing up.

is this what you mean?[/quote]
Pretty much, yes. Vid your squats next time. From the side. Far enough away to see your feet as you setup. kthx

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Pretty much, yes. Vid your squats next time. From the side. Far enough away to see your feet as you setup. kthx[/quote]

like the Vids I send to ImHUNGry? or ones with me training clothed?

[quote]Up wrote:
I like the 3 some going on, Charlie post some vids :smiley:

EDIT Of your training

[/quote]
Hi Up

Well next week I’m trying for 115 in the race for plates thing so I’ll be filming that. :slight_smile:

I’ll be filming my dls tonight so if I don’t look too scruffy I might post one. lol

I’m hoping this place becomes totally chaotic. :-D[/quote]

I’m so Fucked off on bench.
I guess I better check who I’m racing to 95 on OHP. I just did 85x5 will go for 90x1+ next week and then cycle after that 95LBS is mine.
Good at OHP and DL… kinda the suck at Squat and Bench. Well, HELLA THE SUCK AT BENCH.
boo.

I don’t think I can check this thread at work anymore.

was it something I said?

[quote]dday wrote:
I don’t think I can check this thread at work anymore.[/quote]

we could talk about fishing if you like?

[quote]dday wrote:

or we could stick to just sports talk~

[quote]dday wrote:

we can talk about native american history too, if you like~

[quote]dday wrote:

furniture?

[quote]dday wrote:

cars?