Edgy: Alone With My Friends

There sure are a lot of asses in this thread. 0_0

Well I did bench today. I left my note book in the car so not sure of all my reps.

but it was 5 day

75lbs, 85lbs, and 95lbs(I hit 10 reps on this one) up 2 reps from last time.

I decided to just repeat the amounts from last time I had a 5 day instead of going up by 2.5lbs, because it’s annoying.

I did about 3 more practice sets of bench still don’t have consistent leg drive. Work in progress.

Then a bunch of OARs at 55lbs. For some reason the number of reps increases as the sets go along.

Started out at 5 reps then ended up with 8 reps for the last set. Not sure why this always happens with OARs. Maybe have more than one warm up set and maybe build up in weight each set like with the main lift. Bah whatever.

Tried out from the bottom up squats, both front squat and goblet squats. Ugh knee not ready even for these. So I did pistols to a bench/box. Very interesting. My left leg had the burning bum/hip muscle almost from the start but the right(injured knee) had little or no burn in the muscles but the knee started hurting with the second to last set. The left bum/hip muscle pooped out during the 3 rep on the last set could not complete the last set. So maybe the left legs weakness contributed to my right knee being hurt by throwing off the lift and making the right leg do more work.

So maybe I will make ass to grass pistols the goal until the knee is better, for strengthening the lazy/weak leg and keeping the strength in the hurt leg. Maybe test the water with bottom up squats(start the weight moving from the bottom). When I’m ready.

I got the suggestion from this article http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_bottomup_squat

Oh and after the gym I went to the track and tried breaking in the new shoes, it sucked balls. But I am keeping up with making running a habit so all is still good.

MMF log, huh?

I dig it.

Charlie I think it’s a great idea staying w/the pistols. They’re hard as shit anyhow. if you nail them, you’ll be golden.

Nice money set on the bench. & WTF is a OAR?

WOW charlie, fantastic benching! 10 reps for a 5 day is great, especially if you’re not at the beginning of the program still hitting in that rep range is supA.

How many cycles have you done??

ass men heh? here’s my donation. I’m a professional ass maker. Don’t ask me about boobs though. No fuckin clue.

Edgy - living the life man!! that view is gorgeous.

Print - sorry if I’m out of the loop, when did you get operated on and for what reason? cudos on making it back after such a tough time.

Charlie - ah yeah bench pr!

you guys get more traffic than a couple of hookers working a Dunkin Donut corner.

[quote]print wrote:
Charlie I think it’s a great idea staying w/the pistols. They’re hard as shit anyhow. if you nail them, you’ll be golden.

Nice money set on the bench. & WTF is a OAR?[/quote]

One Armed Row. lol

Oh and yes I guess that 95lbs was a rep pr. lol

To Spock: I have been doing 5/3/1 since march or april last year, not sure how many that is because I stalled in the summer(possibly because of my shoulder). My shoulder was only hurting during ohp but maybe the weakness was effecting my bench(it never hurt during bench though). Also I feel like I am close to having good bench form so I feel like I am finally taping into that beginner gains thing all the kids are talking about. Sort of a second wind I guess. I feel like I’m ready to take off in bench. I’m sort of forcing myself to get the form down now instead of racing ahead but I think I will be doing a heavy singles thing with my 5/3/1 week that will be the week after next.

Oh and yes to keeping the pistols my bum on the one side is stiff now from pistols. So good stuff there. I’ll have to film them the next time I do them to check form and all that.

Hi Mims, I think we should be like the blob and just consume all other logs and be one giant log.

Join us! We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
ass men heh? here’s my donation. I’m a professional ass maker. Don’t ask me about boobs though. No fuckin clue.

Edgy - living the life man!! that view is gorgeous.

Print - sorry if I’m out of the loop, when did you get operated on and for what reason? cudos on making it back after such a tough time.

Charlie - ah yeah bench pr!

you guys get more traffic than a couple of hookers working a Dunkin Donut corner.[/quote]

0_0

Bum!

Is lovely.

This is Charlie’s log now? Huh?

I’m with Hal. Boobs and ass.

Mainy! With that pic you just made heaven a four letter word.

Thanks for the pic. Best ass of the lot I dare say.

You be my sugar & I’ll be your sweet iced tea.

Well…

Wow.

Frenchie… just wow

So this is where all the SAMA posts have gone to!

Thanks boys - the results of squats and milk or was that squats and wine? :wink:

I get the impression that this log is better when I ain’t here!

whatevah -

(sweet smackable ass, MainyDear!)

btw - snowmobiling in Tahoe…indescribable.

^^^ OH WOW that looks super fun edgy!! I would love to take my kid out on one of them things!

& away we go…

Yesterday Military.

5@65
5@75
3@85
3@105
3@115
3@135

5x5@90

5 sets of 10 chins.

1 arm press

4 sets of 10 @30

D-bell Lat raise

15lbs for 100reps.

Today. D-lift

Ran an ab circuit to start x2.

situps-10
Hanging leg raise-10
Ab wheel-10
Side bend w/45 20 reps/side.

Like doing abs first & getting them outta of the way cuz they suck so bad.

D-lift-

5@135
5@155
3@185
3@215
3@245
3@285

5x5 @190 supersetted w/W.G. chins 5x5

Pulldowns- 95
6 6 6 5 5

Finished & feeling not so bad.

Hi Print, I usually do abs/core last because it means the end of the workout. Yeah!

I usually find it hard to get in a wo on the weekends and monday but I got in an hour of steady state cardio while at work. Also did some step downs to make knees stronger. Those muscles whatever they’re called that get worked during step downs are very sore now but no knee pain so all good.

That’s all I have and glad you are back to your cute doggy self Print. :slight_smile:

[quote]Charlie Horse wrote:
Hi Print, I usually do abs/core last because it means the end of the workout. Yeah!

I usually find it hard to get in a wo on the weekends and monday but I got in an hour of steady state cardio while at work. Also did some step downs to make knees stronger. Those muscles whatever they’re called that get worked during step downs are very sore now but no knee pain so all good.

That’s all I have and glad you are back to your cute doggy self Print. :-)[/quote]

The ab thing is all mental to me Charlie. I know their is a use, I just don’t see it. I’m also in a better state of mind knocking them out. Good way to warm up the body too.

Glad to hear your working through the knees issues & pushing forward. Keep working hard, you’ll fall rt back into before you know it.

On the abs, the only thing I would mention is that they play a key stability role in the deadlift and squat. I’m not sure it would be a good idea to fatigue the abs too much before doing either of those. Maybe put them at the end on DL days and at the start on upper body days?

[quote]giterdone wrote:
On the abs, the only thing I would mention is that they play a key stability role in the deadlift and squat. I’m not sure it would be a good idea to fatigue the abs too much before doing either of those. Maybe put them at the end on DL days and at the start on upper body days?[/quote]

Alright! BTW did I mention I hate you for giving good advice?

& I’m also subbing Sq. w/the trap bar DL after we spoke last week.

I HATE ALL AB WORK!

Is there anything more boring than ab work? Answer = no.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]giterdone wrote:
On the abs, the only thing I would mention is that they play a key stability role in the deadlift and squat. I’m not sure it would be a good idea to fatigue the abs too much before doing either of those. Maybe put them at the end on DL days and at the start on upper body days?[/quote]

Alright! BTW did I mention I hate you for giving good advice?

& I’m also subbing Sq. w/the trap bar DL after we spoke last week.

I HATE ALL AB WORK![/quote]

me too, I hatez em!