Edgar vs Henderson 2

Just watched this.

I honestly had no clue who won. Scored it 2-2 coming into the 5th, which I scored a draw, and frankly any of the preceding rounds, save the 2nd, could be called a 10-10.

Regardless, I am a boxing/kickboxing noob, so I wonder what the more experienced of you thought about it.

Agree that it was a really close fight. I had Edgar winning the fight: 3 rounds to 2. As a writer for MMAmania.con stated this morning, “It sucks to be Frankie”. I am inclined to agree.

basically, a close fight won’t get you the belt. you have to beat the champ to get the belt! i had frankie winning too, but by a hair and nobody wants to see a champ keep losing and winning like frankie does.

Agreed on that. I’d rather the division moves along with the 3-4 potential contenders they have.

Watching it again, I’d say Edgar sneaked out a win. He landed more it seems, and did better work on the feet. Henderson may have gotten a couple of highlight kicks in, but he seemed to have trouble striking, which is odd, because he’s better than Frankie on the ground.

Yeah, that division is stacked! Nate Diaz, Anthony Pettis, Grey maynard is on his way back. hopefully clay dosnt keep fighting like he did…

I love Bendo but that was robbed, but thank god it was a robbery. I’m sick of Edgar, now he can go down to his division and have an awesome battle with Aldo.

^Kind of what I was thinking, though I wouldn’t call it a robbery. It was close enough that two judges saw rounds 1,3,4 and 5 one way, and the third saw them another. Tough fight to score.

I’ll say this though, Edgar has it bad in this division. Stays off the ground despite having some great takedowns, due to size. Doesn’t hit hard enough. When you fight to a decision as often as he does, with the kind of competition he faces, you’re bound to get burned (ala 3 of his last 4).

Can’t wait to see him down at 145 where he’ll be more physically dominant.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
^Kind of what I was thinking, though I wouldn’t call it a robbery. It was close enough that two judges saw rounds 1,3,4 and 5 one way, and the third saw them another. Tough fight to score.

I’ll say this though, Edgar has it bad in this division. Stays off the ground despite having some great takedowns, due to size. Doesn’t hit hard enough. When you fight to a decision as often as he does, with the kind of competition he faces, you’re bound to get burned (ala 3 of his last 4).

Can’t wait to see him down at 145 where he’ll be more physically dominant.[/quote]
The only way I see him doing well is if Aldo leaves the division.