Eddie Bravos Rubber Guard DVD Set

Just ordered Eddie Bravos 3 DVD set on the rubber guard.
Still very new and fresh to ju jitsu (Mizu-ryu). But holy shit is it fun and addicting.
Randori’ed a couple of times and instantly feel in love with this stuff.
My TKD flexibilty gives me a huge advantage over most of the guys if not all in my class. Last week I just wanted to try to put a guy in mission control and after a few seconds I got him ina oma plata, next time a gogo plata and finally a triangle.

this rubber guard stuff is kinda cool.

Just curious if anyone can comment on the DVD set if they have seen it or experiance with rubber guard.

Thanks

I had it when it came out 2 years ago, paid about $150+ for it too. Its really entertaining, shows alot, of stuff of how its supposed to look like. Aside from alot of technical aspects that kinda go quick it fairly easy to learn from if you’re not a beginner. Some of his own music in there to which is OK, and some jokes and pranks that aren’t to be missed.

Just get the books to to fill the gaps that the movie doesn’t provide, and it does provide some.

Yeah after just watching the first eddie bravo rubber guard dvd I sub’d 8 gracies and eddie bravo himself, not to mention all the purple belts in the local gym. Heck I’ve even sub-d Baby J, chump. I, similar to you, owe it all to my traditional martial arts training as well.

[quote]Beershoes wrote:
Yeah after just watching the first eddie bravo rubber guard dvd I sub’d 8 gracies and eddie bravo himself, not to mention all the purple belts in the local gym. Heck I’ve even sub-d Baby J, chump. I, similar to you, owe it all to my traditional martial arts training as well. [/quote]

WOW,

I think I just pee’d a little lol

I just couldn’t help myself.

BJJ/GJJ > 10PJJ

/thread

[quote]MNguns wrote:
Last week I just wanted to try to put a guy in mission control and after a few seconds I got him ina oma plata, next time a gogo plata and finally a triangle.

this rubber guard stuff is kinda cool.

Just curious if anyone can comment on the DVD set if they have seen it or experiance with rubber guard.

Thanks[/quote]

the rubber guard is a decent guard technique, but that’s all it is. sometimes it works, sometimes you gotta try something else… personally, i liked to use it, because not a lot of people expect a 6’1" 230 lb fat guy to put them in rubber guard…but it’s not the only thing i do. in fact, half guard stuff is prolly gonna be faarrr more important to learn.

btw, you subbed a regular member with a gogoplata in the first week? find a new school…

i particularly enjoy the gangsta lean mount and sub’ing from that position

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i particularly enjoy the gangsta lean mount and sub’ing from that position[/quote]

thug life, yo!