Ectomorphs and Coconut Oil

I hate to admit it, but I’m scared of coconut oil. That’s right - I put on 8 pounds in two weeks and then started taking coconut oil. I’ve dropped 3 pounds in the last 2.5 days. I can “feel” the weight melting off: I’m an ectomorph who has to work to put on weight. (I have to eat until I almost can’t stand it.)

Anyway, here’s why I’m headed: I asked my wife if she thought the coconut oil was taking off the muscle along with the fat. She said ‘Definitely not’ so I think she was telling the truth.

But here’s my questions: for an ectomorph, does coconut oil rev up the thyroid/metabolism so much that I will not be able to put on muscle and may even lose muscle? Should I avoid it during the “bulking” phase and just use it when I want to lean out.

My original thinking was to get some more saturated fat for increased T-levels. But I don’t want to compromise my hard-earned hypertrophy.

Help!

I find it really hard to believe that one food could cause that much weightloss if you’re maintaining your calories.

And how can you say you have trouble putting on weight if you gained 8lbs in 2 weeks??

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
I find it really hard to believe that one food could cause that much weightloss if you’re maintaining your calories.

And how can you say you have trouble putting on weight if you gained 8lbs in 2 weeks??[/quote]

I didn?t believe it either, but it feels like night and day. I think it really does significantly alter your thyroid function. And that?s the only thing that I can think of that I?ve changed nothing in my life. You know how when you?re putting on weight you can ?feel? it. Well, I don?t feel that bulking going on any more and I?m eating the same, sleeping the same.

And keep in mind that unless you?re a type A ectomorph, you may not understand. :slight_smile: