Ectomorphes Insulin Resistant?

hi coach,
I recently read your thread about insulin resistance: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness

I know that it’s usually the endomorphes who are insulin resistant.
But Reading your article made me remember reading about ectomorphes suffering from insulin resistance and thus having a low testosterone level. Is this connection possible for many ectomorphes?
Or is your protocol for insulin resistance including Fenuplex and Insulinomics mainly for endomorphes?

thanks for your help, jamiii

I was under the impression that if you’re not carrying a lot of extra weight around your mid section, then you’re probably not insulin resistant. If you’re asking for yourself, then is there any reason that you suspect this?

Yes I’m asking for myself. I am ectormorph and I also think that I have a low testo level. I’m 25, my beard and body hair growth is ridiculous, I look 5 years younger than I am and so on. I’ve been using ZMA for a year now. It enhanced my sleep but I doubt that it raised my testo level.
Thanks for your answer.

Unless you get yourself tested, you won’t know for sure that your testosterone is low. Are you progressing in the gym?

[quote]jaMiii wrote:
Yes I’m asking for myself. I am ectormorph and I also think that I have a low testo level. I’m 25, my beard and body hair growth is ridiculous, I look 5 years younger than I am and so on. I’ve been using ZMA for a year now. It enhanced my sleep but I doubt that it raised my testo level.
Thanks for your answer.[/quote]

It will not increase testosterone unless you were deficient in magnesium or zinc in the first place.

Just because you don’t have a lot of hair growth doesn’t mean that your T-levels are low. Lack of motivation, low sex drive, no morning wood, lack of competitive spirit would be better tells. Obviously if you have the slightest doubt you should get checked.