T Nation

Ectomorph Training

I am currently doing CW’s abbh 1 routine,and am wondering if I should do a full body routine first? I am 6’3 and 180#,41yrs.Looking for more mass. Thanks guys! mjb

[quote]mjb wrote:
I am currently doing CW’s abbh 1 routine,and am wondering if I should do a full body routine first? I am 6’3 and 180#,41yrs.Looking for more mass. Thanks guys! mjb [/quote]

Hey mjb,

How long have you been training and what are the specifics of your diet?

mjb:

If I were you here is the schedule that I would perform three days per week:

1. Squat- six sets: 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, reps.

2. Standing Barbell Press- four sets: 10, 10, 8, 8, sets.

3. Pull-ups two sets one rep short of failure.

4. Dips- One set keep the reps in the 10 to 12 range.

5. One set of Sit-ups. Add one sit-up each workout.

Make sure you are adding weight whenever you can. Push yourself hard on these 14 sets, even go to failure on occasion.

That’s it!

When you are done training consume a huge protein shake. Make sure you consume no less than 200 grams of protein per day. Buy some Grow!, you won’t beat the flavor or quality.

Make sure you are eating at least 4000 calories per day, every day (not as easy as it sounds, you have to work at it)!

Do this for eight weeks then take one week off and do nothing (except eat a lot). Do it again for eight weeks.

Keep all activity outside of the workout above, to a minimum. No biking, hiking, dancing, or any other extra ciricular activity.

The above is not easy. You have to live this thing daily. If you do it you will gain weight and plenty of it!

Good Luck,

Zeb