Ectomorph - Steroids, Defeat, or Real Answers?

I am over 35 years old, I have been weight training since I was 15 years old. I am finished. Consider this my manifesto of finisho of weight training. My name is “Ralph” and I am an ectomorph (totally??). Over 20 years ago, at a weight of 145 pounds on my 5’11" frame, i discovered weight lifting. I was amazed that i could fling these plates into the air and muscle would appear on my lanky, purely skinny frame.

Over the next 20 years, I poured everything i had into lifting those plates around. Let me degress a few years from that point. Ralph, where did you get that arm? Yes, I, Ralph could throw a fastball, at age 13, over 70 miles per hour. Little league was a breeze. nobody could hit me, accept by freak accident. See my long ectomorphic arms could throw a ball with extreme speed, but as i grew older, and because I could not get any stonger (ECTO), the other boys caught up using strength and I ceased being ‘special’.

Ralph, you are our best cross-country runner on the team! Ralph you always come in first place in cross country, well EF YOU! Yeah, Mr. Ectomorph can throw a ball, and run real far, who gives a $h^T. Back to 15, i started lifting in my garage, bench press, bent rows, barbell curls, pullups, etc. I pumped away for years, i built some muscle in my chest and about 5 pounds overall, if i was wet. I tried every routine, weight gainer, every bull$h^t thing out there, eating 5000 calories a day, and never added much muscle.

After age 25 fat weight hit me like a runaway freight train, i balloned up to 215 pounds (i had given up on weights pretty much by this time) with a 38" waist and this God awful freaky 13" pythons. Great ENDO in my gut, ECTO in my torso.

This pretty much continued until weight related issue surfaced like carpal tunnel, which was Bull$h^T, high cholestrol, all this crap related to being FAT! Where’s mr Ectomorph now, huh? When I lose weight, it’s in my stick figure arms, BULL$h^T! OK, last year i say screw this BULL$h^t, get it together.

I hit the weights, start actually eating right, and lost over 40 pounds of fat, and low and behold, That F#CK3R from 20 years ago resurfaced, this time with a twist. Yeah,this F#CK3R is skinny again, 30" waist with a nice 2 inch roll around it, but i’m in at 165lbs. Same damn arms. I hit the gym until i would leave shaking, be dragging myself into the car. Protein shakes, before, during and after, with the right Carb balance, creatine, glutamine, fish oil, muscle milk, fried rat, pig intestines, whatever, YAH YAH YAH, BULL$h^T!

I have done it all in the last 20 years, i have hit the weights so hard, while watching these Bozos with sloppy form, do a few pushdowns and walk out of the gym with thier triceps 3 F#CK^N inches bigger. TO add insut to injury, my wife catches me upstairs and tells me, hmmmm, honey you arms look smaller. I thought, yeah right, I have been pounding them up to 13-1/2 baby. I go measure them, back own to 13 inches after 20 F#CK^N years of lifting weights, I am SO F#CK^NG through, it makes me irrate thinking about it.

I bought “Scrawny to Brawny” all right!! Gonna gain some F#CK^NG muscle! Thanks for the F#CK^NG ring of Fat around the middle you gave me (trying to get a six pack, yeah right), but i didn’t get anymore muscle for my trouble.

How about some Steroids? My goal is measly. I don’t aspire to be a big freaky freakshow of a freak. I’d like 15 pounds of solid muscle, and 2 or 3 inches on my arms. I like my weight now, I am going to be happy with it because i have to, im stuck!, I need 2 inches on my arms to balance out my porportions. I have heard (mostly from the book Juiced by Jose Canseco) Steroids can change the Chemical makeup of your body. IE: change your body type from ectomorph to mesomorph? IS THIS TRUE?

CAN I PUT AN END TO THIS BULL$H^T ONCE AND FOR ALL BY GETTING ON THE VITAMIN S? INTRODUCING MR NEEDLE TO MR BUTTOCKS? I’m a Ecto Pu$$y, probably never ever get enough balls to stick that thing in my ass anyway. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PUHLEEZE!

HINT HINT: What doses, what times, keeping my balls from shrinking, all the good stuff, don’t hold back. 1 or 2 cycles? come on, don’t hold back!

If the object was steroids, then this should be in that forum.

People here like stats laid out neatly:
-Height
-Weight
-BF% (if known)
-and how much weight you handle in different lifts.

Posting a (tasteful) picture also helps to offer pointers on where you might have a weakness or imbalance that can be corrected and get you back on track.

And I have to ask: how many articles have you read on T-Nation? How many of the workout programs have you tried?

This can’t be for real.

1 Like

You’re a bitch. Congratulations.

so you expect someone to just do all the work for you, eh? good luck. do your own homework.

If you can’t build any without you won;t be able to maintain any when your off.

Ummm

Clearly you’ve already given up, so yeah, go with the steroids. yeah, I’d say AT LEAST 5 grams/wk, and anything less than a 28 week cycle is a waste of juice bro. Buy it from the guys with the triceps 3" larger than yours, they are clearly all on the juice.

sorry I can’t help you, I’m one of those guys who does a couple pullups and leaves 2lbs heavier. jk.

I was once 170lbs at 6’4", 30" waist, 11" arms…if you can’t do the math that’s pretty effin skinny. I started eating till i hurt and lifting heavy. Max lifts every time. Don’t lift for 2 hours cause you are burning too many cals. Don’t do cardio. Just put in a super intense half hour where you nail every lift at a weight that makes you fail (lift it a lot or a little but make sure the weight always wins the battle before you quit). your body will grow and adapt or it will fall apart. I am 225lbs now and still growing. I am likely gonna hit the vitamin s myself but I waited till I knew what I was doing.

If you really think you need juice do your homework (read the newbie thread in the steroids section), read profiles of each one, read about injection sites/tech, read all about the side effects and dangers. That will help you to figure out if it’s what you really want and if you do how to get there.

Folks, (talking to longtimers here) why is it necessary to call this guy a “bitch” and bust on him for not giving his stats or not doing his own homework? I mean damn ya’ll, could you be anymore discouraging. This guy just punk’d himself here on this forum and laid it all out there for a little help. Now I understand that he probably does need to put a picture up so folks can know that they’re dealing with and he probably needs to give some stats eventually but why can’t you guys ask for that shit after encouraging him not to give up.

Some of ya’ll are such assholes.

Ecto -

You need to put your routine up here so everyone can take a look at what you’re doing. Be as honest as possible so we’ll know how to try and direct you. You just may be lifting inefficiently and in a way that doesn’t put you in the best position to grow and see change.

Give us some background and don’t give up on it. Not but just a few months ago, I thought I was busting my ass in the gym and not seeing many results and so I decided to go in a different direction in the gym and now I feel like I’m really seeing my body respond. It’s just about figuring out what your body is going to respond to.

So let’s see what you’ve already tried.

1 Like

[quote]HogLover wrote:
Folks, (talking to longtimers here) why is it necessary to call this guy a “bitch” and bust on him for not giving his stats or not doing his own homework? I mean damn ya’ll, could you be anymore discouraging. This guy just punk’d himself here on this forum and laid it all out there for a little help. Now I understand that he probably does need to put a picture up so folks can know that they’re dealing with and he probably needs to give some stats eventually but why can’t you guys ask for that shit after encouraging him not to give up.

Some of ya’ll are such assholes.[/quote]

Bull. He has a defeatist attitude. These are quotes taken directly from his post-

his name is “ecto-iamfinished”

I am finished. Consider this my manifesto of finisho of weight training

See my long ectomorphic arms could throw a ball with extreme speed, but as i grew older, and because I could not get any stonger (ECTO), [yeah, we get it. youre an ecto]

well EF YOU! Yeah, Mr. Ectomorph can throw a ball, and run real far, who gives a $h^T [again, has he mentioned he’s an ecto?]

i built some muscle in my chest and about 5 pounds overall, if i was wet. I tried every routine, weight gainer, every bull$h^t thing out there, eating 5000 calories a day, and never added much muscle. [this is where it starts to piss me off, because eating 5000 calories in a day wont do jack, it’s eating 35,000 calories over the course of a week and 150,000 over teh course of a month that will do it, and I will bet good money that he didnt do that.]

After age 25 fat weight hit me like a runaway freight train, i balloned up to 215 pounds (i had given up on weights pretty much by this time) with a 38" waist and this God awful freaky 13" pythons. Great ENDO in my gut, ECTO in my torso.[you’re either an ecto or an endo. i cant even type coherently because im so annoyed by this]

I hit the gym until i would leave shaking, be dragging myself into the car. Protein shakes, before, during and after, with the right Carb balance, creatine, glutamine, fish oil, muscle milk, fried rat, pig intestines, whatever, YAH YAH YAH, BULL$h^T! [again this strikes me as bs. like a teen who spends hundreds on supplements and picks at his food. the same thing with “dragging yourself from the weightroom” that doesnt impress me, we’ve all done it to ourselves and its not the way to grow.]

back own to 13 inches after 20 F#CK^N years of lifting weights, I am SO F#CK^NG through [more defeatism]

I bought “Scrawny to Brawny” all right!! Gonna gain some F#CK^NG muscle! Thanks for the F#CK^NG ring of Fat around the middle you gave me (trying to get a six pack, yeah right), but i didn’t get anymore muscle for my trouble. [bashing Berardi on this site will get you no points. none.]

[and finally, the crown jewel of his post]
How about some Steroids? My goal is measly. I don’t aspire to be a big freaky freakshow of a freak. I’d like 15 pounds of solid muscle, and 2 or 3 inches on my arms. I like my weight now, I am going to be happy with it because i have to, im stuck!, I need 2 inches on my arms to balance out my porportions. I have heard (mostly from the book Juiced by Jose Canseco) Steroids can change the Chemical makeup of your body. IE: change your body type from ectomorph to mesomorph? IS THIS TRUE?

CAN I PUT AN END TO THIS BULL$H^T ONCE AND FOR ALL BY GETTING ON THE VITAMIN S? INTRODUCING MR NEEDLE TO MR BUTTOCKS? I’m a Ecto Pu$$y, probably never ever get enough balls to stick that thing in my ass anyway. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PUHLEEZE!

HINT HINT: What doses, what times, keeping my balls from shrinking, all the good stuff, don’t hold back. 1 or 2 cycles? come on, don’t hold back!

[right, because we all respond so well to people whose VERY FIRST POST is the “ive tried everything, i need steroids” post. Look, I have no way of knowing if the guy is a legitimate ecto, maybe he really genuinely has a pituitary problem or hormone problem or whatever. But for the reasons outlined above i responded the way i did. it doesnt make me an asshole, it means i dont have any sympathy for somebody who whines whines whines. how many of us were good at weightlifting right away? how many had good mentors when we first started? how many of us made mistakes when we were kids or whenever we started? but we stuck with it and we made gains. this guy presents himself as having made gains of 5 lbs and a half inch on his arms. gains that paltry mean only one of two things - its pituitary or he could be an excuse making whiner. going off what i’ve read here. i vote for the latter. oh, and heres my bet: he never, ever posts on this site ever again. I hope I’m wrong.]

Nothing worse than a tardo who thinks he’s a physiological wonder and that he tried ‘everyhting’. It’s like he’s in a river of bullshit and he tries everything but swimming.

[quote]Majin wrote:
It’s like he’s in a river of bullshit and he tries everything but swimming. [/quote]

Heh… I like that…

I’m an ectomorph too but for some reason, if I bust my arse in the gym I get bigger.

Food’s not even THAT important for me (but don’t tell anyone), it’s going all out for those last 2 reps.

But hey, if you feel you need steroids go right ahead.

Good post KBC.

There is no way, judging by his attitude in his post, that this guy has what it takes to achieve his goals.

While genetics play a considerate role, it is too often used as a piss- poor excuse for not seeing results.

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard, “Well, if we only had your genetics we’d all be huge…” BULLSHIT!
Because these are the same guys that I’ve tried to drag into the gym with me and I’ll tell you, they do NOT have what it takes - great genetics or not.

[quote]Ecto-IamFinished wrote:
I bought “Scrawny to Brawny” all right!! Gonna gain some F#CK^NG muscle! Thanks for the F#CK^NG ring of Fat around the middle you gave me (trying to get a six pack, yeah right), but i didn’t get anymore muscle for my trouble.[/quote]

Wow, I’m sorry S2B didn’t work out for you, but maybe you followed it wrong. I’m just finishing and I haven’t had any trouble with too much fat gain. You really need to understand nutrition timing in order to reep the full benefits of the program. If you have trouble putting on weight it should help more than anything else you’ll try.
You do have a defeatist attitude and before you can move on to build some real muscle you need to get confident in yourself and set some goals. Good luck. Damn! Calm down!
Il Don

Doesn’t sound as though the desire or disipline is there.

If you don’t have the drive, then steroids will not help you. No magic pill for you anywhere.

Don’t be a quitter. Anyone can change their body with the right attitude, diet, and workouts. It just takes a while, maybe even years.

The pessimistic attitude will not get you anywhere here. Especially with the vets that have lifted for years and know what it takes.

Like I said, don’t be a quitter, start by changing your attitude.

JW

Sounds like you need a hug, dude.

Wait, did I say “hug”? Sorry, I meant some balls.

No-one here can help you, as you have already defeated yourself. Until you change your attitude, you will not succeed. Such is life.

The Great Sage Massif.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

Bull. He has a defeatist attitude. These are quotes taken directly from his post-
[/quote]

You really have to wonder about the person that thinks everyone else is wrong for pointing this out and focusing on it. You can’t help someone if they think like the original poster…at least not until they understand that THEY are the problem.