T Nation

Ectomorph Body Type Nutrition

I read something about ectomorph body type if you are getting post workout muscle sworeness you are not eating enough calories to properly repair your muscles.

Is the true or just a bunch of bs.

[quote]ironhead11 wrote:
I read something about ectomorph body type if you are getting post workout muscle sworeness you are not eating enough calories to properly repair your muscles.

Is the true or just a bunch of bs.[/quote]

Why would a body type change how your body works on a basic level?

Like I said this was the first time specifically saying ectomorph.

[quote]ironhead11 wrote:
Like I said this was the first time specifically saying ectomorph. [/quote]

This would be a great time to make it your last.

I am an “ectomorph” also.

Don’t I look like it?

That was a really smart answer. Thanks for your help…

I call bs.

Although, if telling people [ectomorphs] that eating more alleviates post-exercise soreness, and they actually start eating more, then I say it’s worth spreading that rumor. “Still getting sore? Then you need to eat more”

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I call bs.

Although, if telling people [ectomorphs] that eating more alleviates post-exercise soreness, and they actually start eating more, then I say it’s worth spreading that rumor. “Still getting sore? Then you need to eat more”[/quote]

Yeah…but things like that are what led us into the “functional” training craze and completely ignoring muscle groups through isolation. Some guy comes along, sees that newbs don’t squat…so he tells them the way to get huge is to squat…so they squat along with their biceps curls. Next thing you know, dudes with 14" arms are jumping into bodybuilding forums telling everyone else that training biceps is stupid.

I am an ectomorph if you look at my wrists. However, clinically tested, my skeleton has a bigger mass than average. Especially torso.

Not the point anyway. Eating is not going to make your soreness away. Focus on form and start slowly, then up steadily.

Squats and deadlifts used, during 6 month (yes), to give me huge lower back pain. Bench seemed to destroy my shoulders. I had to slow down, then go up, steadily but slowly.

Eating 5000 Kcal a day or 3500 never changed anything. The pain comes mainly from muscle tissue and ligament tissue usage and inflammation.

Try Omegas if you want. Or the good old way, some painkillers if the pain is unbearable.