T Nation

Economy Question

Alright, this is probably a retarded question but I’m gonna ask anyway. For my macroeconomics class I have to do this question.

Find an article about any current economic event or condition. Write a one page response to the article. Do you agree or disagree? Any bias by the author?

How important do you feel the issue is? Convince me using economic terminology about why the issue matters. Include a MLA style works cited and any parenthetical citations that are needed.

Do you think theres anyway I could write about weight lifting at all? lol

I don’t think you could have any easier assignment at the moment tbh…

“one page”

please tell me you are in kindergarten.

I don’t want to go all “back in my day, sonny…”

but in some of my classes I would have given my left nut for a one page anything.

Good luck!

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
Alright, this is probably a retarded question but I’m gonna ask anyway. For my macroeconomics class I have to do this question.

Find an article about any current economic event or condition. Write a one page response to the article. Do you agree or disagree? Any bias by the author?

How important do you feel the issue is? Convince me using economic terminology about why the issue matters. Include a MLA style works cited and any parenthetical citations that are needed.

Do you think theres anyway I could write about weight lifting at all? lol[/quote]

Yeah you could not have found an easier time to write about this topic.

Find an article

Find an article about any current economic event or condition. Write a one page response to the article. Do you agree or disagree? Any bias by the author?.
[/quote]

Did you ask your teacher if they were fucking cereal? I challenge you to find any article that isn’t biased. Depending on who you believe, the US economy is either in a state or prosperity or we are moments away from the next depression.

Do you think theres anyway I could write about weight lifting at all? lol[/quote]

Piece of cake, find something about the “obesity crisis” that mentions weightlifting, overburdened healthcare system, etc.

Make a guns versus butter style argument (opportunity cost): how government should make greater efforts to promote physical fitness, etc. Some nonsense about treating the illness instead of the symptoms.

Mention increased wages/hours/productivity, lower medical costs/taxes, cleaner environment through lower oil consumption, reduction in the national debt/deficit, etc., and how that’ll increase GDP.

Remember, 95% of the undergrad ec professors will eat up utopian bullshit like that. Should be an easy A.

You should really see what I handed in. It was due last night so I didnt get a chance to read most of your responses. I guess I must really be in Kindergarten since I got a 48/50 on this.

The dictionary defines economy as “Careful, thrifty management of resources, such as money, materials, or labor”.

I read an article on the 4" Nautilus Economy Weight Lifting Belt. It is a good choice for many people. Economically speaking you would save a lot of money buying this belt.

I think that the economic conditiong of buying things like this is interesting. Sure the quality of the belt may be slightly worse buy it is a great economic choice and you save a bundle.

I would have to say that I definitely agree with the article to a certain point. Yes it is a good economic choice. But you must think what is more important, price or quality.

The Economic Weight Lifting belt would be a good choice for a lot of lifters, but there are quite a few that would be better off buying something more expensive because they need something of higher quality.

This belt is only $25.00 dollars, but I actually opted for the worse economic choice and spent $80.00 on my belt.

Of coarse the author is going to be bias because he is trying to sell it. It really would not make any sense for it to be other way. The company he is writing for just cares about the money they make and not about true quality.

My opinion is that this issue is very important. Everybody wants to make good economic choices and save money. This is why this is so important. Many people need a quality belt and are on a limited income and this is the way to go. This is very important because injuries can occur and they need a belt.

Works Cited
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Nautilus-4-Nautilus-Economy-Weight-Lifting-Belt

You should really see what I handed in. [/quote]

Is this your paper verbatim (that means exactly…kinda) that you handed in???

Congrats on the A, but let us know on my question.

Holy Fucking Shit. 48/50? For-rizzle?

“Dude, it’s got electrolytes”

DB

[quote]dk44 wrote:
“one page”

please tell me you are in kindergarten.

I don’t want to go all “back in my day, sonny…”

but in some of my classes I would have given my left nut for a one page anything.

Good luck![/quote]

x2

lol dk you old fucker.

[quote]sen say wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:
You should really see what I handed in.

[/quote]

yes, this is what i handed in

sen say wrote:
redsox348984 wrote:

yes, this is what i handed in[/quote]

For some reason I get the sneaking suspicion that this is you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXKPMM7PheE&feature=related

We are in economic turmoil.

I bet you could plagiarize and not get caught simply because of the volume of shit being written on the state of our economy.

I think I’m missing something.

A Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time!

A PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
A Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time!

A PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS![/quote]

Do they do a cup of tea add on?

[quote]Renton wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

A PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS, PLUS!

Do they do a cup of tea add on?[/quote]

Tea doesn’t caffeinate American’s enough.

[/quote]

Your professor should get a failing grade for giving you an A. Not a knock on you…but seriarly…look at these examples:

1. “I think that the economic conditiong of buying things like this is interesting. Sure the quality of the belt may be slightly worse buy it is a great economic choice and you save a bundle.”

You spelled condition wrong and wrote buy instead of but (at least this is what I think you were meaning to write.

These 2 sentences actually suck on a deeper level, but it'd be boring to point out how and why.

2. “Of coarse the author is going to be bias because he is trying to sell it. It really would not make any sense for it to be other way. The company he is writing for just cares about the money they make and not about true quality.”

You spelled 'course' wrong.  You should have written 'biased' instead of bias.

Also, it's pure speculation on your part that the author is biased and that the company doesn't care about true quality.

Anyway…good job on the 48/50. You should really submit the paper to the Dean of your college and ask him if he thinks your teacher should be in charge of grading papers in the future.

What the %& does this weight belt have to do with macro or that question?

[quote]etaco wrote:
What the %& does this weight belt have to do with macro or that question?[/quote]

From Merriam-Webster:
Macro: being large, thick or exceptionally prominent.

Obviously, people who lift, do so to get large. The belt has economy in its name, which is the root word for economics.

So, it makes perfect sense.

If I were his teacher, I would have failed him on the use of “bias”, which, according to M-W means: a line diagonal to the line of fabric. Not once did he mention the author’s view on the stitching pattern of the belt.

DB