Economy Prowler

Anyone know if the economy prowler is worth the cost? The prowler 2 is much more expensive so I was thinking about the economy, but wondering if it was worth it. Any comments?

Find a welder, and give him blueprints

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
Find a welder, and give him blueprints[/quote]

That probably would be the best option. Thanks for the info.

I’ve got 2 econo that I use for the kids I coach. I’ve got 60 kids that use them for moderate weight (180 lbs loaded on) for 20 yard pushes about 2-3 times a week. I’ve had for about 5 months and they’re still in great shape.

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:
Anyone know if the economy prowler is worth the cost? The prowler 2 is much more expensive so I was thinking about the economy, but wondering if it was worth it. Any comments?[/quote]

I went with the 2 because of the dual low handles and the eyelets that allow the sled to be used for pulls as well as pushing.

On another note, you’ll have to unload this from the semi yourself so be prepared for that. Not that Prowlers are heavy, but my experience was the UPS driver was trying to do everything he could to avoid actually delivering it to my home and having to drive down a residential street. Also, the shipping cost is very high because the Prowler is shipped on a pallet that UPS claims takes the shipping weight from 80 pounds to 145 pounds. The actual shipping has been the only low point for me.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I’ve got 2 econo that I use for the kids I coach. I’ve got 60 kids that use them for moderate weight (180 lbs loaded on) for 20 yard pushes about 2-3 times a week. I’ve had for about 5 months and they’re still in great shape.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

[quote]SRT08 wrote:

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:
Anyone know if the economy prowler is worth the cost? The prowler 2 is much more expensive so I was thinking about the economy, but wondering if it was worth it. Any comments?[/quote]

I went with the 2 because of the dual low handles and the eyelets that allow the sled to be used for pulls as well as pushing.

On another note, you’ll have to unload this from the semi yourself so be prepared for that. Not that Prowlers are heavy, but my experience was the UPS driver was trying to do everything he could to avoid actually delivering it to my home and having to drive down a residential street. Also, the shipping cost is very high because the Prowler is shipped on a pallet that UPS claims takes the shipping weight from 80 pounds to 145 pounds. The actual shipping has been the only low point for me.[/quote]

I never thought of that. Didn’t think it would be that big or at least thought it would break down some. Thanks for the info.

[quote]SRT08 wrote:

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:

On another note, you’ll have to unload this from the semi yourself so be prepared for that. Not that Prowlers are heavy, but my experience was the UPS driver was trying to do everything he could to avoid actually delivering it to my home and having to drive down a residential street. Also, the shipping cost is very high because the Prowler is shipped on a pallet that UPS claims takes the shipping weight from 80 pounds to 145 pounds. The actual shipping has been the only low point for me.[/quote]

I never thought of that. Didn’t think it would be that big or at least thought it would break down some. Thanks for the info.

There was one time about 20 years ago I had to push buddy’s car as he steered. I remember thinking that after 5 minutes this was a great workout.
Can you patent a car in neutral?

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:

[quote]SRT08 wrote:

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:

[/quote]

The only part that breaks down for shipping are the two black vertical poles.