Economy Calf Stretcher

What do you think? A good buy?

http://www.amazon.com/Economy-Calf-Stretcher/dp/B000X9REK2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5/188-7569442-6591039?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1226984054&sr=8-5

Looks solid and the non-skid pads really add to the appeal, no?

how about…you go to your gym, load up a couple 45’s on each side of a leg press, and lay at the bottom position of a calve raise for 30-40 seconds.

A block of wood for 150 bucks.

AWESOME DEAL

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
A block of wood for 150 bucks.

AWESOME DEAL[/quote]

No, it’s also cut into a wedge shape and has grip-tape applied to it.

I mean, for $150, it’s a STEAL!

Props to the guy who came up with that idea. I wish I could think of a great BS product that I could make in my garage and sell for hundreds.

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Props to the guy who came up with that idea. I wish I could think of a great BS product that I could make in my garage and sell for hundreds.[/quote]

Like pet rocks.

Or you could use a step in your house for free.

I like how they have the balls to put “economy” in the header. Jeebus.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Or you could use a step in your house for free.[/quote]

Don’t mislead the OP, Doug. Buying a house is way more expensive. I think the Economy Calf Stretcher is a great deal. You should buy it.

I suppose you just use someone else’s step though.

“Hey! Get off my porch!”

“Gimme a break man, I’m stretching my calves.”

That’s ludicrous. You can get adjustable stretchers for WAY less than that.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/calf_block.html

Took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor after looking at this.

pushmepullme:

Yeah… but theirs is “adjustable” - you know that was factored into the cost (shakes head sadly) :stuck_out_tongue:

Somehow I think they figure big chain gyms or institutions will buy these in bulk?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Or you could use a step in your house for free.

Don’t mislead the OP, Doug. Buying a house is way more expensive. I think the Economy Calf Stretcher is a great deal. You should buy it.

I suppose you just use someone else’s step though.

“Hey! Get off my porch!”

“Gimme a break man, I’m stretching my calves.”[/quote]

Yeah, neighbor’s already got a restraining order on me for that one. Can I help it if I got no stairs at my rental? Is that my fault??

So it’s pony up $150 for this or $150k for a two level? This one’s easy.

Wow. Great reviews for that item!

Nice one ID… or should we call you Rhinosaur? How’d you keep from cursing in your review?

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
Nice one ID… or should we call you Rhinosaur? How’d you keep from cursing in your review?[/quote]

Hostility much?

Buy a thick book… Or a 2 inch board, or something like that… Kinda stupid to spend 150 bucks for a block of wood isn’t it?

sigh

I was having fun with this thread; I really was.

I am not actually thinking of buying something I can make in ten minutes with a block of wood and some tape.

The review that was posted on Amazon today was way cleaner than I would have left (although mine probably wouldn’t have made it past their mods). Whoever left it, bless them for calling out the seller for trying to hock such a POS for a hundred and fifty bucks.

[quote]Tyler23 wrote:
sigh

I was having fun with this thread; I really was.

I am not actually thinking of buying something I can make in ten minutes with a block of wood and some tape.

The review that was posted on Amazon today was way cleaner than I would have left (although mine probably wouldn’t have made it past their mods). Whoever left it, bless them for calling out the seller for trying to hock such a POS for a hundred and fifty bucks.[/quote]

We just aren’t a very fun group of people.

:wink:

[quote]jaybvee wrote:

Somehow I think they figure big chain gyms or institutions will buy these in bulk?

[/quote]

ROFL. I’m imagining a truck pulling up with a cord of wood and a few rolls of tape. “That’ll be $8,000.”