Economic Education: Get Some!

For those who already think they know it all, this won’t be for you. For those who are more open-minded and okay with challenging their deeply held beliefs, then dig in

Stephanie Kelton is a macro economist and the face of MMT. Here she talks about her book The Deficit Myth. A primer on how economics actually works on the Federal level. And why the fed budget is fundamentally different from a personal.

For those that like to read.

From 2020:

“We’ve already seen lawmakers approve trillions of dollars in spending in response to the coronavirus,” and Kelton “believes the economy has enough slack to handle quite a bit more spending without risking inflation,” Gizmodo adds. “With a crucial decade in front of us for climate action, that recovery money could be the seed that transforms the economy into one focused on clean energy, caring for each other, and centres justice.”

Full interview:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan if you have no money and dont want any. Unintended consequence is by keeping interest rates at zero you will continue to keep the poor poor and the rich will get richer. I thought Bernie would not approve :confused:.

Long gold, lead and copper.

Aug 2020:

36:00 and 41:00

Printing money = raising taxes

Govt will need that money to pay for the climate change investments.

1 Like

so she doesn’t know what the fuck she’s talking about … got it

OR is intentionally trying to devalue our purchasing power

3 Likes

Hi sort of an economist here.

Very very few actual academic economists take her seriously

3 Likes

if only that were the case for Krugman :wink: he has the nobel to rest his laurels on

1 Like

Krugman doesn’t take her seriously either. I guess that is saying something when even he thinks your plan is just too much “free sh** folks”.

I told him this multiple times.

Watch out you are now going to be lumped into the brainwashed and rube category by the great economic genius castoli.

4 Likes

That’s just about everyone once they start having to pay real taxes. The great awakening when you run out of other folks money and feel the burn yourself.

1 Like

Impossible the fed can just keep printing forever.

3 Likes

They can but then this will the new leisure activity for most:

Not sure if TT levels will go back up now with the persistent chemicals and xenoestrogens but at least obesity will drop.

1 Like

but that’s why they worship at the alter of MMT … other people’s money doesn’t matter when you can just print it!! Brilliant!!

3 Likes

Indirect confiscation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just like increasing taxes on corporations.

2 Likes

Both covered above in video from Uncle Milton.

Good read.

2 Likes

What in the hell are you talking about? Do you even know?

Let me know.

Correlation vs causation?

Do you put in any work in your threads, or do I have to argue the counterpoint as well…?

I am disappointed. I thought you would have already posted this.

I believed Stephanie Kelton is far better explaining MMT than I. If your so confident in your position email her this paper and see what she says.