Ecdysterones

Has anybody experimented or heard anything good about ecdysterones?

Opinions are hotly divded, but I’ve found if you weigh the positive vs. negative, it’s many more positives. EAS and Syntrax see the value. Biotest and AST don’t. Four well respected companies with legit claims to bettering the market…four very different opinions now that ecdysterone has arrived. I predict in 10 years, they’ll still be around. I was using them back in '94. VERY happy with the high quality versions…

Yeah, I’ve been doing alot of research into them - split all across the board. Generally the research is kind of shoddy but the general feedback I get is consistently good, too good to be all placebo. Methyl-7 was considered pretty shoddy research (old russian propietary stuff, like ecdysterones) but has seemed to pan out as EAS and many companies have jumped up and down about this. So I’ve decided to start trying ecdysterones after my fina cycle to see if it can help with mass retention, hell I’ve tried worse (HMB)!

i am using the ecdy (thermolife ecdysten) for the same purpose as Jim, to retain mass after my current fina cycle. i have two bottles (30 day supply). i really couldn’t gauge how good they would work in this fashion, however. i may lose some mass post-fina cycle, but the ecdysten still might prevent me from losing a lot of mass…which happened to me after my last fina cycle. if i can hold my weight steady from the last day of finasol supplimentation to the end of my ecdy supply, i will post on this board that this is the best supp ever. still have yet to pop my first pill…has been tempting though.

They work don’t let anyone tell you that they don’t.

Hey, I’m looking forward to giving them a try. Besides even anabolic supplements that work translate in real life (most of them) to 5-10% benefit (maybe) with a 90-95% hype/bullshit/placebo factor!! Too many people change their routine the moment they invest in supps, you know, doing everything right (when they used to half-ass things) and give credit to the AMAZING supplement when 99.9% was them getting off their ass and working out hard + eating right. Just like many supps you’ll see recs to eat more,etc to maximize the weight gain effect - comon’, if you eat more you’ll gain weight! Anyway, lets not forget what really counts and that getting a great body is 80% training, 15% nutrition, and 5% supplementation (maybe).

Concerning the post by (Jim Ellis) I for one don’t eat more while on ecdysterones,I really eat less,I have a bigger appeitite while on Finasol and I don’t think anyone recently has ever said that ecdysterones are AMAZING.They do work though,better than prohormones and methoxy.

I saw this post on another board by a knowledgable guy. Don’t know much about ecydesterone but this may be a starting point for a few of you who are interested. May wanna look at this study.

"Here is some research I uncovered showing that ecdysterone CANNOT be utilized by mammals. Please note that the study was done at a very prestigious institution. Here is the report summary:

Identification of ligands and coligands for the ecdysone-regulated gene switch.
Saez E, Nelson MC, Eshelman B, Banayo E, Koder A, Cho GJ, Evans RM.

The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA.

The presence of ecdysone molecules in the plant kingdom is nearly universal. Plants use ecdysteroids as natural insecticides, yet ecdysteroids are completely innocuous in mammals. Despite their steroidal skeleton, they have no teratogenic, sex-hormonal, anabolic, or analgesic properties. Moreover, humans consume large amounts of dietary ecdysteroids without such effects. For example, fresh spinach contains over 100 µg/g of 20-hydroxyecdysone. In rats, daily administration of 2 g/kg of ecdysteroid for 35 days has no effect on serum chemistry or organ weight. Ingested ecdysteroids survive the acidic conditions of the stomach, are quickly taken up, are promptly removed from the bloodstream, and are disposed of primarily through biliary excretion into the intestine. "

Can anyone at T-Mag shed some light on this compound or this study? Is it hype or actually effective?