T Nation

Ecdysterone

So i got bored of drinking suma root tea so instead i decided to start smoking it as a laugh. The powder contains 2 percent ecdysterone.

I thought later this would bypass the stomach and go straight into the bloodstream via the lungs. So we shall wait and see if this experiment works as i have 2100 grams left to play with. Could be fun.

What are you boys smoking???and Why???

Suma root. Soon i’m gonna try smoking the pure extract from bac.

Its sort of a Brazilian Ginseng see: http://www.herbmed.com/sumaroot.html

Give it a go tell us how it makes you feel…

ShadoW

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This rates 5 stars? WTF!

So, are you doing bong hits of the suma root or rolling fatties?

Are you serious?

If you are - and hey, that’s fine with me - just make sure the compounds you want aren’t getting broken down by the heat. Lots of organic compounds (although probably not your FAVORITE one, eh?) can’t stand up to a lighter flame very well.

Actually i’d like to find out if ecdysterone, the compound i’m interested in, would survive. Can anyone find out if ecdysterones would make it through a joint?.. I’m of to have another reefer.

So the only info i can find is:
Residue on ignition = 1.0 percent.
This is for 95 percent pure ecdysterone extract. Does this mean that 99 percent is flammable?

[quote]big balls wrote:
So the only info i can find is:
Residue on ignition = 1.0 percent.
This is for 95 percent pure ecdysterone extract. Does this mean that 99 percent is flammable? [/quote]

Residue on ignition is a percentage of a sample of the substance left after exposing it to a set high temp for a set amount of time. The sample is weighed in a crucible and set in a muffle furnace for the time alloted by the procedure. Then it is removed, allowed to cool and reweighed. The difference is converted into percent.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the effect you are trying to achieve?

Big muscles!! 2 percent bodfat and a big willy

So does that mean there is 1 percent left or 99 percent? I need to know

[quote]big balls wrote:
So does that mean there is 1 percent left or 99 percent? I need to know[/quote]

It means that 99 percent is left. But once you put fire to it, you will burn it all up, leaving only ash. I don’t know if the chemicals will survive the phase change.

Shit, I meant one percent is left.

For shits and giggles i may perform an experiment with my mates. One of my friends can ingest 5grams of ecdysterone a day another can snort 5grams a day and i myself will smoke 5 grams a day. I will be buying enough, if all goes to plan, to supply 4 months worth each.

i GENUINELY am wondering why.

[quote]kkeane wrote:
i GENUINELY am wondering why.[/quote]

“Suma is believed to strengthen the immune system and endocrine (glandular) system, and assist the body in the management of glucose metabolism.”

I googled it so I don’t know how much truth there is to this.

[quote]big balls wrote:
One of my friends can ingest 5grams of ecdysterone a day

Another can snort 5grams a day

And i myself will smoke 5 grams a day.
[/quote]

The Three Wise Monkeys.