Eccentric Less Work While Ill

@CT I was wondering is this stupid. I have had a nasty cold for the past two weeks where all my joints ache especially my lower back. I still want to maintain muscle mass and was wondering if eccentric less work during this period is a good idea or not (i.e. prowler, battle ropes, bike, and blast straps).

Once again thank you.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@CT I was wondering is this stupid. I have had a nasty cold for the past two weeks where all my joints ache especially my lower back. I still want to maintain muscle mass and was wondering if eccentric less work during this period is a good idea or not (i.e. prowler, battle ropes, bike, and blast straps).

Once again thank you.[/quote]

If you’ve been sick for two weeks and it goes beyond a regular cold, you should focus on getting better and training will only robs your body of ressources it could use to recover and maybe even fatigue your immune system. I’m not someone who stops training when I have a normal cold or something like that, but after 2 weeks, if the symptoms are not lessening it’s another story.

@nickj: check out the article 1/6/12 don’t let sickness detail your training…I had horrible bronchitis a few years ago…the job I was at was running me into the ground…I had it for over 1 month…I did that protocol after the antibiotics didn’t even phase what I had…within 3 days it was gone…get well!