T Nation

Eccentric Benching?

Hey everyone! I just started eccentric benching routine for the first time and i was wondering what you guys thought or how it helped you? I also wanted to know how much more can you lower than what your 1RM is? because i put down 385x2 and i am wondering how much my 1RM is. Thanks!

[quote]samson77 wrote:
I also wanted to know how much more can you lower than what your 1RM is? [/quote]

I can lower a couple tons. It just comes down really fast.

Really, really fast.

O good call so can i!

hahahaha! He was joking! priceless

[quote]boy wonder wrote:
hahahaha! He was joking! priceless[/quote]

No, Im pretty sure he could lower it, so long as he got a good handoff.

Wait. Scrotus you really think he could lift 2000 lbs on the negative? There is no way!

[quote]samson77 wrote:
Wait. Scrotus you really think he could lift 2000 lbs on the negative? There is no way![/quote]

Scrotus didn’t say he can lift it. He said he can LOWER it.

[quote]samson77 wrote:
Wait. Scrotus you really think he could lift 2000 lbs on the negative? There is no way![/quote]

try it for yourself and see.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
samson77 wrote:
Wait. Scrotus you really think he could lift 2000 lbs on the negative? There is no way!

try it for yourself and see.[/quote]

I will spot him.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
samson77 wrote:

try it for yourself and see.[/quote]

I will spot him.

[quote]boy wonder wrote:
robo1 wrote:
samson77 wrote:

try it for yourself and see.

I will spot him.[/quote]

Count me in.

Post videos.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
samson77 wrote:

Scrotus didn’t say he can lift it. He said he can LOWER it.[/quote]

If you look i said on the NEGATIVE also called eccentric both meaning LOWERING!

[quote]samson77 wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
samson77 wrote:

Scrotus didn’t say he can lift it. He said he can LOWER it.

If you look i said on the NEGATIVE also called eccentric both meaning LOWERING!

[/quote]

As long as he gets a real strong spotter, who is a dick and doesn’t mind dropping a ton on his chest, I don’t see a problem.

I understand but you think with a 6-8 second tempo you could lower a ton?

[quote]samson77 wrote:
I understand but you think with a 6-8 second tempo you could lower a ton?[/quote]

Are you serious?

[quote]samson77 wrote:
I understand but you think with a 6-8 second tempo you could lower a ton?[/quote]

Are you retarded? He was being sarcastic. heavy negatives are almost never used by competing powerlifters and strongmen. they are hard on the old nervous system, don’t really do a lot for strength and cause difficulties in exercise performance.

Just finding spotters is difficult enough in a bench. now let’s see you do it for a squat or deadlift. Okay guys lift this 700+ pounds for me let me get set, now I’ll lower it.

[quote]samson77 wrote:
Hey everyone! I just started eccentric benching routine for the first time and i was wondering what you guys thought or how it helped you? I also wanted to know how much more can you lower than what your 1RM is? because i put down 385x2 and i am wondering how much my 1RM is. Thanks![/quote]

Why don’t you try to see what your max is to find out?

What about dynamic eccentrics… Would they work??

fuck me,