T Nation

ECA Stack Question

Typically how long does it take the antagonist receptors to recover from the ECA stack ?. In other words is their an optimum off time so the receptors can be refreshed?

I think that it varies person to person. I foolishly haven’t taken more than a 4 week break from the stuff in the last 3 years. I’m an addict to the boost. I’ve heard breaks between 2-6 weeks. Personally, I am going to try to take 2 months off of it to get my adrenals back in line and to use it again in the Spring/Summer.

When I first tried it a few years ago, a serving after 2pm would keep me awake at night and I could lift hard on 3-4 hours of sleep per night. I definitely want to get that feeling again BUT this time without the sleep deprivation. I would suggest a month off from the E & the C. I don’t take the A anymore - good luck

I’ve always understood that you don’t actually become de-sensitised to Ephedrine. Quite the opposite, it gets more effective over time. I can’t remember why this is at the moment - perhaps someone else can? Certainly I spent 18 months on the stuff and it still seemed to be doing its thing (in terms of fat burning) at the end. What may happen though is that you get used to it and don’t notice the side effects so much.

“Jack Yo Ass Up”, issue #103 of T-mag.