** ECA Stack Long Term Use **

prolonged use of aspirin at a high dose can burn a hole in your stomach cause ulcers and 1 or to other things. why risk it?

EDIT: i dont think the idea of doing this every week (even if it is only 3 times a week)is a good idea. cycle you shit!

two weeks of yohimbe + caffeine, two weeks of ephedrine + caffeine, two weeks of clenbuterol.

(i took that from the recent article "The drug coach)

Fatty stomach/abdomen.

Gain fat faster than usual.

Carbs ‘stick’ - noticeably.

Slowing muscle gains.

Worsened body comp.

Basically is when insulin receptors in muscle become resistant to the hormone signal.

You then need to produce MORE insulin to do the same job less did beforehand, and you find that this further increases resistance, which leads to further storing of energy (as fat not glycogen) and this becomes a cycle that is very difficult to break (many do not recognise the warning signs as our Mr. BBB does) which eventually leads to metabolic syndrome (X) and finally type II Diabetes.

Mm-mmm!

[quote] Brook wrote:
Fatty stomach/abdomen.

Gain fat faster than usual.

Carbs ‘stick’ - noticeably.

Slowing muscle gains.

Worsened body comp.

Basically is when insulin receptors in muscle become resistant to the hormone signal.

You then need to produce MORE insulin to do the same job less did beforehand, and you find that this further increases resistance, which leads to further storing of energy (as fat not glycogen) and this becomes a cycle that is very difficult to break (many do not recognise the warning signs as our Mr. BBB does) which eventually leads to metabolic syndrome (X) and finally type II Diabetes.

Mm-mmm![/quote]

For one of the most effective fat burning stacks, it sounds pretty useless to me. Why would it remain so popular? Just out of curiousity, is increased insulin resistance caused by the ephedrine or the caffeine or both?

You have any links to studies that support this?

Not calling you out or anything, just legitimately curious.

Personaly i use it to maximize my workout, not for the fat burning propretie

And it defenetly works well for me, i’ve had the best workout of my life on that stack

Its getting hard to imagine a training without ECA , thats why i’m so concern about the long term complication

I’ll throw in my two cents here…

Im 36, done some competitive powerlifting, and like you use 25mg ephedra (gone as high as 50) and about 200mg caffeine on my heavy lifting days (3-4 times/week). been doing this for over 10 years with no ill effects. theres nothing like it for producing intense workouts and breaking PRs and Ive tried everything else to see if it could compare.
my advice is to use it judiciously as you are and dont over-rely on it for other things as it will downgrade your receptors.

also regarding the post “Also said I had a slightly enlarged left ventricle and Dr. told me to stop lifting weights and do more cardio.” …
its my understanding that this is a common condition developed by heavy and chronic weightlifting, and due to not enough cardio contitioning, not stimulant use.

[quote]alphamonkey wrote:
I’ll throw in my two cents here…

Im 36, done some competitive powerlifting, and like you use 25mg ephedra (gone as high as 50) and about 200mg caffeine on my heavy lifting days (3-4 times/week). been doing this for over 10 years with no ill effects. theres nothing like it for producing intense workouts and breaking PRs and Ive tried everything else to see if it could compare.
my advice is to use it judiciously as you are and dont over-rely on it for other things as it will downgrade your receptors.

also regarding the post “Also said I had a slightly enlarged left ventricle and Dr. told me to stop lifting weights and do more cardio.” …
its my understanding that this is a common condition developed by heavy and chronic weightlifting, and due to not enough cardio contitioning, not stimulant use.[/quote]

Yeah that’s what I suspected but couldn’t be certain.
But like you mentioned nothing beats the ECA stack for me in terms of gains, workout intensity and fat loss. And on a side note regardless of what studies people cite my experience has been that it always worked better with the aspirin than without. Also I never noticed any indications of insulin resistance. But then again my diet is ususally pretty clean with only low to moderate carbs 90% of the time.

I’ve been away from the “bodybuilding” world for the past 4 years…just now getting back to it…

Where can I find Ephedra? Are we talking bout the stuff they sell at gas stations/truck stops?

Any other long term users willing to share there experiences ?