ECA for Cutting and Growth?

Hey, I am just starting my ec stack and was talking to a buddy of mine who took it for like 5 months and he claims its better as a msucle builder than a fat burner (when used pre-workout as a stim). Was just wondering if this would make it easier to add muscle while simultaneously cutting fat or is the increased intensity not enough to influence the contradicting caloric surplus/defecit? Any insight would be great, if nobody knows I will post my findings later, going to be eating around maintanance levels. Thanks.
Jim.

Your friend is wrong.

[quote]JimInTheGym wrote:
Hey, I am just starting my ec stack and was talking to a buddy of mine who took it for like 5 months and he claims its better as a msucle builder than a fat burner (when used pre-workout as a stim). Was just wondering if this would make it easier to add muscle while simultaneously cutting fat or is the increased intensity not enough to influence the contradicting caloric surplus/defecit? Any insight would be great, if nobody knows I will post my findings later, going to be eating around maintanance levels. Thanks.
Jim.[/quote]

Wait. Whats the point of eating maintenance calories? An ECA stack may boost your metabolism by up to 10%, if youre lucky. Youd pretty much be wasting the drugs by eating maintenance. The fatloss would be agonizingly slow.

You can not add muscle and lose fat at the same time. It just doesnt work.

Alright thanks for the input, guess I’ll drop them by a couple hundred then.

And tell your friend that taking an ECA stack for 5 months strait is just dump, and not healthy. I wouldn’t use it for more than maybe 2 months without taking a break from it for at least a couple weeks. It can be taxing to your nervous system.

You want my quick advice, NAIL down your diet and training. When fat loss stalls add cardio, then you can think about an eca stack.

Good luck to you.