ECA Dose?

20mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, 325mg aspirin seems to be the normal dose that people have recommended in all the posts I have seen using the search facility.

however there are so many different opinions and I guess everyone is different to what they can take, but its left me confused about whats safe for me to take.

I have some: Kaizen Nutrition, Ephedrine HCL, 8 mg Ephedrine (Hydrochloride) per tab.

so am I right in thinking that 3 tabs will be getting 24mg ephedrine will be right? seems a lot, or is 8mg per tab weak?

the instructions that came with the E are:

“1 tab every 6-8 hours. Avoid taking ephedrine tabs 4-5 hours before bed. Do not exceed 4 ephedrine tabs in a 24 hour. 3 times a day”

so I translate that as 1 tab, 3 times a day. taking 3 at once seems a lot?

whats the deal?

ive never taken them before, if its not already obv.

I am 252lbs and 16% bf.
6ft 4"

if this makes any difference.

thanks.

I did this dosing protocol but stopped at 50 mg of E and 500 mg of C

[quote]zultan wrote:
20mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, 325mg aspirin seems to be the normal dose that people have recommended in all the posts I have seen using the search facility.

however there are so many different opinions and I guess everyone is different to what they can take, but its left me confused about whats safe for me to take.

I have some: Kaizen Nutrition, Ephedrine HCL, 8 mg Ephedrine (Hydrochloride) per tab.

so am I right in thinking that 3 tabs will be getting 24mg ephedrine will be right? seems a lot, or is 8mg per tab weak?

the instructions that came with the E are:

“1 tab every 6-8 hours. Avoid taking ephedrine tabs 4-5 hours before bed. Do not exceed 4 ephedrine tabs in a 24 hour. 3 times a day”

so I translate that as 1 tab, 3 times a day. taking 3 at once seems a lot?

whats the deal?

ive never taken them before, if its not already obv.

I am 252lbs and 16% bf.
6ft 4"

if this makes any difference.

thanks.

[/quote]

You’re at 16% bf, diet and exercise will get you a LONG WAY. Don’t use the fat burners yet, pretty pointless at this point of your cut. When you come closer to 10% or so when the caloric deficit starts taking it’s toll and your metabolism starts slowing down, THAT’S when you should add in the fat burners. To keep the fat burning going.

Every 5 lbs + or -, recalculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, aka, what your calories are for maintenance and thus eat 300-500 calories below that, depending on how quickly you wish to cut, the slower the cut the more gains you keep whilst losing fat).

As for EC dosing, skip the aspirin, not really worth it and for it to be effective, the doses are questionable. Ephedrine HCL should be dosed @ 20-24 mg’s with 200 mg’s of caffeine. When first starting out, use half the ephedrine dose with 200 mg’s of caffeine to assess tolerance and BP + HR. Take one hour away from meal (before or after meals). Depending on how early your first dose is, a 3rd daily dose could be used (obviously if the 3rd dose is going to be pretty late in the day, don’t use the 3rd dose or else it would be a terrible aggravation trying to fall asleep).

thanks for the info guys.

1 last question that just wanted clearing up.

each one of my Ephedrine HCL, Ephedrine (Hydrochloride) has 8 mg per tab, so even the guide that came with the tabs says no more than 4 a day (32mg) your saying to take nearly 50mg per day?

ive been reading some medical publications on ECAs and this one below states that in a clinical trial:

"The safety and efficacy of a mixture of ephedrine (75-150mg), caffeine (150mg) and aspirin (330mg), in divided premeal doses, were investigated in 24 obese humans (mean BMI 37.0) in a randomized double blind placebo-controlled trial. Energy intake was not restricted. Overall weight loss over 8 weeks was 2.2kg for ECA vs. 0.7 kg for placebo (p < 0.05). 8 of 13 placebo subjects returned 5 months later and received ECA in an unblinded crossover. After 8 weeks, mean weight loss with ECA was 3.2 kg vs 1.3 kg for placebo (p = 0.036).

6 subjects continued on ECA for 7 to 26 months. After 5 months on ECA, average weight loss in 5 of these was 5.2 kg compared to 0.03 kg gained during 5 months between studies with no intervention (p = 0.03). The sixth subject lost 66 kg over 13 months by self-imposed caloric restriction. In all studies, no significant changes in heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose, insulin, and cholesterol levels, and no differences in the frequency of side effects were found. ECA in these doses is thus well tolerated in otherwise healthy obese subjects, and supports modest, sustained weight loss even without prescribed caloric restriction, and may be more effective in conjunction with restriction of energy intake."

I think its safe to say I wont be having 19 tabs during the day to reach 152mg of E…

my REAL question is, are my 8mg tabs the same measurements as all of these recommendations? such as 8mg of my tabs are equivalent to 25mg of a weaker version of ephedrine?

I don’t want to take 6 tabs a day (48mg) and it turn out that im actually taking 150mg (which apparently is ok anyway, depending on your source).

I basically just don’t to experience a myocardial rupture ha ha

cheers.

Ephedrine HCL is ephedrine HCL. 20-24 mg’s per dose with 200 mg’s of caffeine and you are good to go. Start with half the ephedrine dose at first though to assess tolerance because it’s a strong stimulant stack which could cause elevated BP/HR. Also you need to have a good understanding of how you react to it before attempting to do things like cardio or HIIT on it.

Like states above keep your E:C ratio to 1:10

much appreciated.