T Nation

EC Max Dosage

Dave Barr wrote this about a Canadian EC study :

<< I particularly enjoy the Canadian military studies that demonstrated the universal tolerable upper limits of caffeine and ephedrine to be 4mg/kg and 0.8mg/kg, respectively. These are very high doses.

An extremely successful client of mine (who would go on to do his Masters at the very same military institute at which these studies were conducted), used these dosages with tremendous results.

NOTE: This should not be taken as a suggestion to use these doses (or drugs at all, for that matter). >>
Source: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1609194&pageNo=1

Did anyone tried such doses?

For me (220 pounds) that would make 400 mg Caffeine and 80 mg Ephedrine…

200 mg C and 25 mg E are already giving me energy and I definitely feel it.

If 25mg is working while would you even want to go to 80. More is not always better and seems DAMN high to me.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
If 25mg is working while would you even want to go to 80. More is not always better and seems DAMN high to me.

Phill[/quote]

It might not have been clear, but I don’t intend on doing it. Seems really high, and for someone not accustomed to stims like me (I don’t even drink coffee…), it might not be a good idea.

I was curious if anyone ever tried it, and what was the effects on energy and fat loss.

[quote]gogotheviking wrote:
Dave Barr wrote this about a Canadian EC study :

<< I particularly enjoy the Canadian military studies that demonstrated the universal tolerable upper limits of caffeine and ephedrine to be 4mg/kg and 0.8mg/kg, respectively. These are very high doses.

An extremely successful client of mine (who would go on to do his Masters at the very same military institute at which these studies were conducted), used these dosages with tremendous results.

NOTE: This should not be taken as a suggestion to use these doses (or drugs at all, for that matter). >>
Source: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1609194&pageNo=1

Did anyone tried such doses?

For me (220 pounds) that would make 400 mg Caffeine and 80 mg Ephedrine…

200 mg C and 25 mg E are already giving me energy and I definitely feel it.
[/quote]

if i recall, ephedrine and caffeine work better at a 1:10 ratio (20mg E/200mg C)…this is a little different.

i’ve used 25mgE/250mgC 3x/day before with few sides (total of 75mgE/750mgC)…couldn’t sleep, but i can’t sleep anyway. at least i got shit done while peeling off fat…

regardless, those doses seem unsafe for a starting dose, but someone could work up to that.

Just to reiterate: those were determined to be the maximal universally tolerable doses, which says nothing about optimization.

Having said that, the client that I mentioned, used these doses and had strength and lean mass gains that were beyond what I would have otherwise thought possible (although there were numerous factors involved here).

I always start out small 10 mg in the morning then gradually up the dose until I’m at 50 mg. If I take too much I start to chew off my tung.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Just to reiterate: those were determined to be the maximal universally tolerable doses, which says nothing about optimization.

Having said that, the client that I mentioned, used these doses and had strength and lean mass gains that were beyond what I would have otherwise thought possible (although there were numerous factors involved here).[/quote]

thanks for that clarification Mr. Barr. I really don’t intend on doing it, I’m too sensible to stims, I’d have steam blowing out of my ears at this dose!