T Nation

Eatliftsleep: Get Yo' Ass In Here!

Cheeky swine reckons he can sneakily do a bodybuilding show without a contest prep thread!

No sir, no sir indeed.

So come on then big guy, how's the diet, training, everything? Any pics?

Yeah where is he? I’m in!

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Yeah where is he? I’m in![/quote]

liftin’ weights, gulpin’ shakes and slammin’ hotties no doubt.

He’ll check in when he’s got time, I’m sure…

Haha whats up my fellow weight slayers. Ive been meaning to make a thread but im not really an attention seeker type so never got around to it. Ok so heres whats going on now…

Diet
1: 5 omega eggs (1/2 cup oats 3oz strawberries)

2: 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter 2slice eziekel bread and zero carb isopure shake 2 scoops

3: 7oz chicken breast 2oz almonds 3/4 cup brown rice organic

4: same as meal 2

5: 7oz top round steak. Handfull of spiniach, 1tbsp olive oil and apple cider vinegar. 5oz organic sweet potatoe.

6: 5 omega eggs

Training:

Day 1

Chest

Incline DB Press- 4 sets of 8 reps ? every rep get a good stretch at the bottom, and drive up and flex for 1 second.

Decline Smith Bench ? 3 sets of 10 reps ? every pause on your chest then drive up to lockout. After those 3 sets, keep the same weight for a 4th set and do 8 reps, then drop the weight a bit and do 8 more (a drop set).

Wide Grip Bench press ? 3 sets of 12 reps ? touch and go ? don?t lockout

Shoulders
Seated Db laterals - 4 sets of 8 reps go up to shoulder level and return under control. I personally like using wrist straps for these. You can cheat a bit on these ? go moderately heavy.

Reverse pec dec for rear delts ? one big drop set ? 30 reps, then drop a bit of weight and do 25 reps, drop a bit more and do 20 reps, again for a final 15 reps. Then rest about 2 minutes and do 1 heavy set of 8 reps.
Smith Machine Front Press ? 4 sets of 10 reps ? flex every rep for 1 second at the top

Triceps
Bar Pushdowns: 4 sets: 15, 12, 10, 8 reps (pyramid up in weight) flex hard on every rep. Rest about 45 seconds between sets. Use a straight bar and bring it up to your forehead on every rep (you?ll have to lean forward about 45 degress or so).

Incline Skullcrushers ? 3 sets of 10 reps ? get a good stretch on these
Close Grip pushups (for triceps) ? 2 sets to failure with bodyweight.

Day 2

Back
Seated Rows with a close grip ? 4 sets pyramiding up: 12, 10, 8, 6 reps Squeeze at contraction for 1 second on every rep.

Chest Supported Rows ? 3 sets of 12 reps ? keep your elbows OUT (not tucked into your sides). These hit the rhomboids hard.

Dumbbell Pullovers ? 3 sets of 15 reps

Barbell Shrugs ? 2 sets of 20 reps. Squeeze every rep at the top for 2 seconds.
Good mornings ? use strict form ? these hit the hams and glutes a bit too. Slow and controlled reps ? pyramid up in weight ? 20 reps, 15 reps, 12 reps.

Stretch: hang with a 50# plate in a dip belt. Strap in to a pullup bar and hang as long as you can. Tell me the weight and minutes / seconds you get.
Biceps
Dumbbell curls ? 4 sets of 8 reps, 3 second negatives every rep ? keep palms up the whole time.

Superset with Machine curls: 8 reps, squeeze hard at every contraction

Ez-bar Reverse Curls ? 2 sets of 20 reps. Bring these up to your chin on at least the first 15 reps.

Day 3

Legs
Squats ? with 3-second descents on every rep. Pyramid up ? 1 set of 12 reps, then 10 reps, then 8 reps.

Hack Squats ? feet high and wide ? go all the way down and only come about ¾ of the way up. Do 2 sets of 12 reps, then a drop set of 12 reps, then 8 reps, then drop a second time and do a final 8 reps (that?s one big drop set ? 12,8,8).

Seated Leg Curls ? 4 sets: 12 reps, 10 rep, 8 reps, then a drop set at the end where you use the 12 rep weight but you do 8 reps, then drop 2 plates and do 6 reps, then drop another 2 plates and do 25 partials out of the bottom position (where your legs are straight).

Standing Calf Raises on Smitch Machine (stand on aerobic step or similar) ? 5 sets of 20 reps with 60 seconds rest between each.

Seated Calf Raises ? 2 sets of 6 reps -hold stretched position for a 3 count of one before starting next rep. 1 minute rest between sets

Ill also throw in dropsets here and there and even extra exercises. Strength is still going up so it hasnt been a problem.

10 weeks out right now and will be adding tren a, mast p, winni, proviron at 8 weeks out and dropping the eq around 8 to 6 weeks out. Ill also be adding in halo at 2 weeks out.

So all in all, not really THAT much gear in my opinion. Most ive ever used though.

Cardio has been bumped to 45min a day fasted.

Shelby has been slowly cutting my carbs and today is day 5 with virtually no carbs besides what i get from the peanut butter and almonds, so yeah its starting to get a little rough but its just the beginning.

I really appreciate the interest yogi and whoever else wants to follow. Ask me anything. Im sure i left a few things out.

Oh yeah as far as pics go, ill definitely throw some up. im just feeling really depleted right now And keep in mind ive only been training consistently for 3.5 years roughly so go easy.

Heres a back shot from last week. Its my avi but maybe you can see it better here. Still have quite a bit of fat to shed. Sitting at 214 down from 230 ish 6 weeks ago.

back double bi I’ll post some front pics but I just gotta figure out how to edit out my face.

front dbl, horrible lighting

front double

and a random chicken leg pic i took just bored the other night. veins starting to come in

Nice post! Thanks for the detail. Definitely learned a few things. What sticks out to me is:

The pushdowns coming up to forehead seems like it’d get more long head involvement, so that’s something I’m definitely going to try (I have a genetically good long head of my triceps and I’m trying to make it freaky!).

Cheating on laterals? Sacrilege!

With the weight you must be using on your calf raises I’d be too scared to do raises on an aerobic step!

You’ve got a big frame so you could carry a LOT of mass. What’s the plan after the show? Is it a one time thing just to see how you’d do or are you planning on doing the whole offseason thing for a while and coming back bigger and more awesome?

Also, re: diet, what are your macros at and how often do you cheat, if ever?

Shoulders are insane in that rear double bi btw

With calf raises im only using 135 but in a smith. But if you really squeeze then by 20 reps you should have a sick pump. I feel my calves the most on this exercise.

I definitely want to have a very solid offseason with the guidance of shelby and really pack on some quality mass. Id like to put on 20lbs at least before competing again but i definitely want to see how far i can take my body so i wont be slowing down after this even if i get dead last.

Macros… Hmmm tbh i havent actually calculated them but i stay very consistent but i can tell you right now carbs have been around 10g a day LOL. My last cheat was about 3 weeks ago and i have no idea when the next one is but im ready to murder about 5 pizzas no joke.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Macros… Hmmm tbh i havent actually calculated them but i stay very consistent but i can tell you right now carbs have been around 10g a day LOL. My last cheat was about 3 weeks ago and i have no idea when the next one is but im ready to murder about 5 pizzas no joke.
[/quote]

ooft, ten grams a day at ten weeks out? You must be a fun guy to be around just now! Haha

Ehh i definitely have my moments lol

Any constructive critism is welcome from anyone. Ill get some more pics up soon but my phone sucks ass

Looking freaky man!

How did you start bodybuilding and what changes in your training have you made from the beginning till now?

What’s your current philosophy/ beliefs regarding training and diet?

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Looking freaky man!

How did you start bodybuilding and what changes in your training have you made from the beginning till now?

What’s your current philosophy/ beliefs regarding training and diet?[/quote]

Well when i was like 19 i kind of got into lifting but only did it for 6 months or so and then stopped until 3 or so years ago and have been consistent since then. I used to be the smallest out of everybody. I was like 125lbs in highschool lol. But i think i mainly got into it because i just use it as an outlet to take out aggression and i love the 24 7 challenge that it requires. Lifes too short to be a little twirp so i want to see how far i can go and i know im just getting started.

As far as training style goes, i would say i definitely like to throw around some weight but i also think focusing on form and getting an optimal contraction is key. I think progressive increases in weight with good form is key to muscle growth, i think everyone would agree with that.

I havent really changed anything much from when i started but i am noticing i am a more shoulder dominant on pressing movements so after this prep is over ill really focus on decline work to bring up my chest.

Another thing i started doing is logging all my sessions and im actually getting stronger throughout prep so i think it really helps.

As far as dieting goes i think consistency is key and iifym is complete bullshit and if you follow that youre just lazy. For me, i think ill definitely be trying to stay leaner year round. anything over 12 percent is just unnecessary imo. Ill definitely continue to do cardio in the offseason, it just makes me feel better. But with diet it just really depends on your body and metabolism imo.

Ok i think im just rambling now… I need some cake and pizza…sigh

I will be following. I have been interested in how you train considering your physique, even though I’ve pissed you off before. :slight_smile:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I will be following. I have been interested in how you train considering your physique, even though I’ve pissed you off before. :)[/quote]

Lol thanks man and no youre a good dude, im just an asshole sometimes.

Definitely good starting point. It’s not about seeking attention with a contest thread, it’s sharing, and always fun for others to follow along (and ocassionally offer useful advice!)

I’ll certainly check in, I’ve had a little experience with this sort of thing :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Definitely good starting point. It’s not about seeking attention with a contest thread, it’s sharing, and always fun for others to follow along (and ocassionally offer useful advice!)

I’ll certainly check in, I’ve had a little experience with this sort of thing :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Thanks stu means a lot coming from you