Eating Way Over Maintenance

Is there any benefit to overeating way over maintenance? Like 1000s calories day? I know I’ll get fat, but won’t I have more energy and be able to lift more–thus getting stronger? Basically, I don’t mind getting really fat, as long as I’m getting much stronger. Yes, this is unhealthy, but I want to try it out for a while. I’ll do some cardio don’t worry.

And I don’t eat junk food either

I heard of this benefit called muscle. But those dudes all take steroids.

…but no seriously. If you find the magic proposition of macronutrients and eat the magic foods at the magic times…you’ll probably gain a decent amount of size without too much fat IF you’re training hard.

Let us know how it goes!

I do it every day as of lately.

Pros- I recover better it would seem, I am def breaking PRs quite often, and I def look “bigger” and more feeled out.

Cons- I feel bloated all day, I feel sluggish if I am not actively trying to move around, and I my grocery bill has increased by about $30-40 a week more.

These are daily staples in my diet right now. Carbs are added as needed but these are no questions asked they will be eaten in a 24 hour period.

12 whole Jumbo Eggs and Cheese every day usually over two meals.
2 pounds of Beef or Chicken
3 servings Protein Powder
1 tub Cottage Cheese

Just in protein and fat that has me pushing well over 2500 calories aday. This is not including the fruits, vegetables, pastas, and bagels eaten daily

^ that sounds awesome to do everyday lol, idk if I could do 12 eggs, maybe 8 or 10

You get fat and stronger.

My advise: don’t do it, since you will probably regret it later. The strength gains from getting fat are not worth it.

A tub of cottage cheese… How many gallons is that? Do you use a seperate tub to eat out of than to bath, or just make sure to rinse it off very well ;)? How many calories do you consume total most of the time? Also, Mike, that probably isn’t a good idea for a natural who cares about his physique or doesn’t have a monstrous metabolism.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
A tub of cottage cheese… How many gallons is that? Do you use a seperate tub to eat out of than to bath, or just make sure to rinse it off very well ;)? How many calories do you consume total most of the time? Also, Mike, that probably isn’t a good idea for a natural who cares about his physique or doesn’t have a monstrous metabolism. [/quote]

Lol I like you DSSG. But I normally shoot for a minimum even on off days of 4500 calories of actuall whole food but I also drink atleast close to a gallon (that is not a typo in any way) of Gatorade a day. That’s a extra 1100 calories. So I guess around 5500 calories easily aday. And I’m only 5’7 220lbs. Luckily I give Jack shit about my physique as long as my lifts are up and I can still keep my speed up for moving events I’m in heaven.

Thanks for the support, I’m ready to get fat. I’ll post updates.

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
^ that sounds awesome to do everyday lol, idk if I could do 12 eggs, maybe 8 or 10[/quote]

How could you not be able to do 12 eggs a day? Do you pick at food like a bird?

Back when I was trying to gain weight, I ate 10-12 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts a day with vegetables and rice. Or I’d start the morning with a 20 egg scramble. Or a 4 lbs can of tuna with 1 lbs (dry) of quinoa, plus a quart of yogurt.

I still eat 6-12 eggs for breakfast and I’m not gaining anything.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
^ that sounds awesome to do everyday lol, idk if I could do 12 eggs, maybe 8 or 10[/quote]

How could you not be able to do 12 eggs a day? Do you pick at food like a bird?

Back when I was trying to gain weight, I ate 10-12 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts a day with vegetables and rice. Or I’d start the morning with a 20 egg scramble. Or a 4 lbs can of tuna with 1 lbs (dry) of quinoa, plus a quart of yogurt.

I still eat 6-12 eggs for breakfast and I’m not gaining anything.[/quote]

I made one of my barn stalls into a chicken coop, now I always have plenty of fresh eggs. Best investment ever.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:

I made one of my barn stalls into a chicken coop, now I always have plenty of fresh eggs. Best investment ever. [/quote]

How much effort is it to raise chickens? Do you just throw some feed out there once in a while? Do you have to scoop chicken shit? Vet bills? How much does it end up costing you per year (and how many chickens do you keep)?

Not that it’s really an option in Manhattan, but who knows? Maybe I’ll get transferred somewhere I like one of these days.

Depending on what you have to keep them in all you have to do is give them feed (if you actually have chicken houses). Vet bills don’t exist (if they have quality food/place to live), normally the only deaths that happen to chickens of laying age is that they get caught in fans… while they are running… If you have nesting boxes (bought or made yourself) they will lay the majority of their eggs in there if you can get them to start laying in them.

:frowning: Unfortunately I can’t get my fresh eggs currently, and have to eat the several month old eggs you buy in stores that are absolutely vile in comparison.

Yeah they dont cost anything really, mine free range during the say and only barn up at night. I still feed mine pretty well because when they stop laying I want a nice fat chicken to eat.